Melissa Masiuk came to London College of Fashion with the hopes of a career change. She’s originally from Argentina but has been living abroad for a long time. She studied geology, worked in mining and consultancy but after years of moving from place to place, she craved something more flexible and creative. While living in Brazil, she took up photography and modelling. Her interest in fashion and styling brought her to London where she took our Personal Fashion Styling Short Course.
“I decided to take the course and I really loved it! Now, I’m planning on starting my business as a Personal Fashion Styling and of course, taking the next course and maybe another one after that,”said Melissa
Melissa came up with 5 reasons why you should take the Personal Fashion Styling course
- The tutor! Polly Holman is very experienced; she made the class both fun and interesting.
- University of The Arts Londons's (UAL) prestige and its amazing facilities. The library at John Princes Street is a great place to do all your assignments and really get a feel for the whole UAL experience.
- The course itself: a week of intensive teaching. Great for those with other commitments.
- It’s location. London is an amazing city, there’s so much to do and it’s the global fashion capital, so it's great for doing research.
- Meeting people from all over the world offers great networking opportunities and the chance to experience multiple cultures and languages.
What’s next for you?
I am starting my business as a Personal Fashion stylist in Frankfurt, where I live. I want to keep learning, so I’d love to take the Personal Fashion Styling 2 and the menswear one.