UAL has partnered with Addison Lee to offer an exclusive £50 discount towards airport collections for international students coming to UAL and to the UK for the first time.
Addison Lee will arrange a taxi and a driver to meet you at your arrival airport and take you to either your hall of residence or private accommodation. All bookings must be made in advance through Addison Lee.
Follow the 5 steps on this page as they guide you through the Addison Lee airport transfer service and how to use your UAL discount.
1. Eligibility for the discount
To qualify for the UAL airport collection discount, you must be all of the following:
- an international student
- a full-time UAL student, UAL Study Abroad student, or Erasmus student
- coming to UAL for the first time
- carrying luggage that will fit into two large suitcases and a cabin bag
- travelling alone or with one additional friend/family member
- have a UAL student email account. Once you've accepted your offer to study with us and it's less than 10 weeks before the start date of your course, you'll receive an email asking you to set up and start using your UAL email and network account.
Please note, if you're on a UAL Summer Study Abroad course or a UAL short course, you won't be eligible for the discount.
2. How to use the discount
By the end of August, and once you've accepted your offer of study, we'll email you full instructions on how to:
- create an Addison Lee account with your new UAL student email address
- make your booking online and claim your £50 UAL discount towards your airport collection.
The total price will depend on your final destination. You can use the taxi fare calculator on the Addison Lee website to check the likely cost of your journey (before the UAL discount).
3. What you'll need before booking
Before setting up an Addison Lee account, you'll need the following information:
- Your new UAL student email address. You'll need to use this email to create an Addison Lee account online and the booking confirmation will be sent to this email.
- Your UAL discount code. This will be sent to your UAL email address. If you don't receive it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All your flight details including airport name, flight number and exact landing time in London. Please don't add any additional time to your landing time to make sure that Addison Lee can accurately track your flight. If you have a transfer flight, you must only give the flight number of the plane that will be landing in London.
- Your new address in the UK so the driver can drop you off - this can be a hall of residence or a private house or flat. Please be sure to include the full address, this includes the building name, number, street name, and full postcode. For example: Building name: UAL High Holborn, Street name: 272 High Holborn, Full postcode: WC1V 7EY.
- A valid phone number. If you don't have a UK mobile number make sure you have an international number that can be used in the UK in case the driver needs to contact you.
- Your chosen payment option. For example, credit or debit card.
4. Creating your Addison Lee account
Use this sign up link to create your Addison Lee account. This is a unique link that identifies you as a UAL student. Signing up directly through the Addison Lee website won't allow you to use the UAL discount.
- Using the unique link, sign up online or download the Addison Lee app if it's available in your country.
- Use your UAL email address to sign up and create a password. You'll also need to provide your first name, last name (family name) and phone number.
- A 4-digit verification code will then be sent to the number you provide and you'll need to enter this code to confirm the number is correct.
- If you don't receive your verification code within 1 hour of registration, please email email@example.com and they will be able to verify your account by email.
5. Booking your airport collection
Once you're signed in, select ‘Make a Booking’ to complete your arrival information. Make sure you use the 'Account' tab, and not 'Personal'.
Please then follow these booking steps:
- Complete your flight details and UK address information.
- When choosing your pick-up time, please consider the additional time needed to clear immigration and security.
- Once you choose your service, you'll see the total quote for the airport collection without the discount applied.
- Confirm your payment details using a credit or debit card.
- Enter your unique UAL discount code in the ‘Enter Promo Code’ box (we'll send your UAL discount code to your UAL email address. If you haven't received it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Confirm your full passenger details, including a valid phone number that will work in the UK.
- Complete the booking and you'll receive a confirmation email from Addison Lee.
For more information, visit the Addison Lee Frequently Asked Questions webpage.