Keeping our community well
We are committed to ensuring our community keep safe and well whilst enjoying a rich and engaging University life. In order to ensure the wellness of our community we ask that you follow the advice in our UAL Health and Wellbeing Pledge. This applies to Covid-19 as well as other illnesses.
Vaccinations for Covid are now available in the UK for adults and children aged 5 years or older. UAL encourages all our staff and students to be vaccinated. Vaccinations are being offered free of charge at local sites run by GPs, community pharmacies, larger vaccination centres, walk-in sites and in some hospitals.
Booster vaccinations are also available for everyone over the age of 16.
All students, regardless of their nationality or immigration status, are eligible to be vaccinated.
Face coverings will no longer be required to be worn on site at UAL. We will continue to make face coverings available for staff and students at reception desks and in libraries.
Please respect members of our community who choose to wear a face covering.
Preparing our spaces
Signage on good hygiene practice remain in place across UAL. We will maintain sanitising stations throughout our sites. Please make use of these to keep yourself and others safe.
Cleaning remains a primary defence against the spread of Covid and other viruses.
Across UAL we will clean and disinfect all touch points daily to provide 24-hour protection against the spread of viruses.
Travelling in London
Transport for London (TfL) encourage staff and customers to take action to keep themselves safe.
TfL operate travel services across London, covering the following models of transport: Tube, bus, tram, DLR, London Overground and TfL Rail networks; Dial-a-Ride services; the Emirates Air Line; and the Woolwich ferry.
The guidance encourages customers to:
- Plan your journey in advance with the TfL Go app or our Journey Planner and, where possible, travel when it is quieter
- Wear a face covering if it helps you travel with confidence
- Follow signs, listen to announcements and pay attention to our staff
- Wash your hands before and after your journey
- Carry hand sanitiser or use sanitiser points at stations
- Use contactless or Oyster to pay for your travel
- Follow government advice
- Make sure bus windows are kept open to ensure a good supply of fresh air