Enrolment visa and immigration information
Other visas and schemes
EU Settlement Scheme
This scheme is for EU, EEA and Swiss students and non-EEA family members.
If you’ve been granted pre-settled or settled status, you must upload the PDF of your share code to your UAL Portal. To get a PDF of your share code use the view and prove your immigration status tool.
Note: UAL cannot accept the Home Office letter confirming your successful application to the EU Settlement Scheme, as this letter isn't proof of your immigration status in the UK. You must provide the PDF with your share code.
You’ll need to upload the following documents to the ‘my Online Registration’ section of your UAL Portal:
- current passport
- a PDF of your share code.
If your visa shows you’re dependent upon a person, you must provide the following documents in addition to your passport and visa:
- Proof of the person you are a dependent of. This can be a copy of their entry vignette (sticker in passport), Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card, or a letter from the Home Office which shows you as a dependent;
- Proof the person you are a dependent of is exercising their right of residence in the UK. This can be a recent letter from their employer or education institute, a tenancy agreement or evidence of self-employment.
Sponsored visa such as Tier 2 or Skilled Worker
If your visa shows you’re sponsored by another organisation, you must provide a letter from your visa sponsor in addition to your passport and visa. The letter must confirm that:
- the visa sponsorship will be maintained while you are studying
- your visa sponsor is aware of your study plans and gives permission for you to attend all study-related activity
- your intended course does not interfere with the activity for which the visa was originally issued.
If your visa is not dependent upon another person and is not being sponsored, you must provide copies of your passport and visa during the online registration step of your enrolment.
British National (Overseas) visa: BN(O) visa
You’ll need to upload the following documents to the ‘my Online Registration’ section of your UAL Portal.
If you visited an overseas Visa Application Centre (VAC) upload:
- Passport details.
- 90-day entry clearance vignette (sticker in passport).
- Date of entry to the UK stamp if you met a UK Border Force Officer.
- Flight ticket or boarding pass if you used eGates.
- Front and back of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card.
If you used the UK Immigration: ID Check app upload:
- Passport details.
- Evidence you've submitted your visa application (such as a payment receipt).
- Your share code using the view and prove your immigration status tool.
- Date of entry to the UK stamp if you met a UK Border Force Officer (if you applied outside the UK).
- Flight ticket or boarding pass if you used eGates (if you applied outside the UK).
Returning after a break?
If you plan to return to your studies after taking some agreed time-out, or to repeat a course unit, you must have the correct immigration status and visa. This may mean you need to make an application for a Student visa, or a Standard Visitor visa.