The University Secretary and Registrar
The University Secretary and Registrar is equivalent to a company secretary in a private sector organisation. The office is responsible for the governance of the University, ensuring that the decisions of the University, and its subsidiaries and associated bodies, are properly made.
The Governance Office
The Governance Office supports the University Secretary and Registrar both in his role as the Clerk to the Court of Governors (the governing body) and in his role as Senior Information Risk Owner. The Governance Office comprises two teams: the Corporate Governance team and the Information Governance team.
Corporate Governance Team
The services provided by the Corporate Governance team include:
- Advice on the University's governing documents and charitable status, governing body structure and related standing orders
- Advice on the roles and responsibilities of the governors, the Court of Governors and its committees
- Servicing the Court of Governors' meetings, its committee meetings, and other bodies where appropriate
- Production of certain corporate governance policy documents, including the Prevent Policy.
Information Governance Team
This team is the point of contact for all enquiries relating to:
- GDPR and the Data Protection Act
- Freedom of Information Act
- Information Management
Further information about how the University uses and protects personal data, and the contact details for our Data Protection Officer, can be found on our Privacy Page.
Further information about our Publication Scheme and Freedom of Information Requests can be found via the Freedom of Information link below.
Corporate Governance Enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
Freedom of Information Requests - email@example.com
Data Protection Enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org