Skip to main content

Private accommodation advice

The information on these pages will guide you through the process of finding a new home, moving in and out and help you with any problems you may encounter.

You can find information on:

Property Platform

University of London has a Property Platform, which will help you book your accommodation, whether you're looking for a room in private halls, a studio or a house-share. You can:

  • search by proximity to your UAL College
  • pay your rent and sign your contract online using the platform
  • find properties from vetted accommodation providers.

Tips for renting in London

  • You will need to do some research before looking for a room, flat or house to rent from a private landlord.
  • It’s essential that you view the accommodation before you pay any money to make sure you like it and the offer is genuine.
  • As a UAL student you are entitled to make use of the University of London Housing Services (ULHS). They offer a range of services for students looking for private accommodation.
  • Take a look at their Private Housing Guide to find out more about living in private rented accommodation.
  • The Shelter website also has useful information about renting in London.

How can UAL help?

As well as the information on this page we also offer the following services:

Find us

UAL Accommodation Services
4th Floor
272 High Holborn