The information on these pages will guide you through the process of finding a new home, moving in and out and help you with any problems you may encounter.
You can find information on:
For information on your rights as a renter during the current coronavirus situation please refer to the University of London Housing Services website.
If you are coming or returning to the UK, please check whether you will be required to self-isolate on arrival.
Please note, if you are already thinking about private accommodation for the academic year 2021/22, it is too early to look now. Normally, we recommend that students start looking for private accommodation in the summer months, however, this may change depending on government guidelines.
University of London has a Property Platform, which will help you book your accommodation, whether you're looking for a room in private halls, a studio or a house-share. You can:
- search by proximity to your UAL College
- pay your rent and sign your contract online using the platform
- find properties from vetted accommodation providers.
Tips for renting in London
- You will need to do some research before looking for a room, flat or house to rent from a private landlord.
- It’s essential that you view the accommodation before you pay any money to make sure you like it and the offer is genuine.
- As a UAL student you are entitled to make use of the University of London Housing Services (ULHS). They offer a range of services for students looking for private accommodation.
- Take a look at their Private Housing Guide to find out more about living in private rented accommodation.
- The Shelter website also has useful information about renting in London.
How can UAL help?
As well as the information on this page we also offer the following services:
- one-on-one friendly advice and information to take away
- free contract checking service
- free legal advice to help you deal with problems.
UAL Accommodation Services
272 High Holborn