Skip to main content

Making a Student Complaint

If you have any feedback, concerns or difficulties while studying at UAL, please let us know.

Most concerns can be resolved easily by talking to your tutors and other members of staff.

You can also tell us about any issues through:

  • course committee meetings
  • other school or College meetings
  • your course representative
  • the Students’ Union.

Formal complaints

Sometimes it’s not possible to resolve concerns informally and you may want to make a formal complaint about your College or a UAL department.

All complaints are taken seriously and dealt with fairly. Making a complaint will not affect any decisions made about your future academic progress and does not affect your student rights.

Please read the University Complaints Procedures (PDF 149KB) so you understand the different stages of the process.

Our Student Guide to Complaints (PDF 234KB) also explains the process and timelines.

Get in touch

To submit a formal complaint, please complete our enquiry form.

Your enquiry will be sent to your College and they will get in touch with you to discuss next steps.

If you are submitting on behalf of a group, please include their names and UAL e-mail addresses.

Accommodation concerns

If you have a concern about your accommodation, or any issues with your tenancy agreement, please raise these in the first instance with your Residence Manager. If you aren't satisfied with their response, you can make a formal complaint by e-mailing

Disagree with the outcome?

If you disagree with the outcome of a formal complaint investigation, you can request a Final Complaint Review.

To do this, please write to the University Complaints Unit at explaining your reasons for disagreeing with the outcome.

Help and support