Research and projects
Discover our world-leading research and enterprise
Our research enhances cultural life and a diverse range of communities.
Find out about our current and completed research by UAL researchers and UAL research students.
Research in turning textile and paper fibres into new materials for luxury products through an international collaboration of design, strategy and technology research.
A groundbreaking research project exploring subcultural style and its impact on fashion, curation and culture.
Explore more UAL projects
Funded research projects by UAL staff researchers:
- Archaeology of Fashion Film
- Bouncing off the Walls
- British Artists' Film and Video Study Collection
- Catalytic Clothing
- Classification of Conservation Web Content
- Creative Lenses
- Co-design Your Place
- Design Thinking for Prison Industries
- Drawing Out
- Digital Markers: Making contingent markers with localised networks
- Education4Fashion-Tech: Interdisciplinary Curriculum for Fashion in the Digital Era
- Exploding Fashion: Cutting, Constructing and Thinking Through Things
- Faith and Fashion
- Fashion in Film
- FashionSEEDS (Fashion Societal, Economic & Environmental Design-led Sustainability)
- FTalliance: Weaving Universities and Companies to Co-create Fashion-Tech Future Talents
Student research projects
Millie van der Byl Williams explores the effect of co-creative arts on agency.
Cathryn Anneka Hall examines how the current commercial technology often overlooked in the literature.
Luise Vormittag investigates how illustration can assemble publics and constitute the political through a theoretically grounded portfolio.