Each University site has a space for students, staff and visitors to undertake prayer or personal reflection or to use for health requirements or rest.
Some sites have 2 separate spaces (one for prayer or personal reflection and another for rest or health requirements), smaller sites have multipurpose spaces.
Quiet Spaces can be used for the following purposes:
- Prayer or personal reflection.
- Rest (e.g. recovery from a seizure or rest during pregnancy).
- Breastfeeding or expressing milk.
- Taking medication.
- Other health reasons.
Quiet Spaces User Guide (PDF 73KB)
Quiet Space locations
Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon
Multi-purpose Quiet Spaces are located across each of the 4 sites.
- Camberwell Peckham Road – Room A102, first floor
- Camberwell Wilson Road – Room G23
- Chelsea - - CLG23 (Door Code: C2684X)
- Wimbledon - Ground Floor, Room 14A opposite Room 25.
Contact: Saffron Hutt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Saint Martins
Central Saint Martins has 2 separate Quiet Spaces at Kings Cross and a multi-purpose space at the Main Building at Elthorne Road.
- Kings Cross ‘Quiet Capsule’ for prayer or personal reflection. Located on the first-floor middle bridge, between block E and J (Core Entrance 171).
- Main Building, Elthorne Road Quiet Space – located at the front of the Cafetorium.
London College of Communication
London College of Communication has a multi-faith Quiet Space and a Quiet Space for rest, maternity and health.
- LCC Rest, Maternity and Health – Room W102.
- LCC Multi-faith Quiet Space – Room TG12.
London College of Fashion
London College of Fashion has multi-purpose Quiet Spaces located across 5 sites.
- Lime Grove – Room B016, located on the ground floor of B Block.
- Mare Street – Ground Floor, access via Café Bar (A001A).
- Curtain Road – Room G03a
- Golden Lane – Main Building, Room 209.
- High Holborn - Student Services Reception, 1st Floor Room 125 and Lower Ground Floor, near the open access (LG09).
- John Princes Street - First Floor, through the Student Hub (1021).
High Holborn has 2 Quiet Spaces:
- Quiet Space for Rest, Maternity and Health - located on the first floor, behind the Student Helpdesk (Room 125).
- Quiet Space for Prayer, Meditation and Personal Reflection - located on the lower ground floor, through the double doors in the far-right corner of the Open Access Zone. It has a sink which can be used for washing before undertaking prayer. Room LG09
Contact the Diversity team: email@example.com