Skip to main content

PhD and MPhil funding

Girl studying with laptop
Girl studying with laptop
Creative Processes with Adrienne Bennie, PhD Research Student.

UAL offers funding opportunities for PhD and MPhil students. Read more and find out if you are eligible to apply.

Find information and apply for PhD and MPhil funding opportunities at UAL:

  • PhD student working on a laptop
    Creative Processes with Adrienne Bennie, PhD Research Student

    AHRC funded technē studentships

    Read about the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) technē studentship, welcoming research proposals in interdisciplinary and traditional discipline areas.

  • © John Sturrock, Innovation Science Installation by Angela Mathis. MA Material Futures. Central Saint Martins. UAL.

    Doctoral Loan

    Find out if you’re eligible to apply for a government loan to help with course fees and living costs when researching a PhD or MPhil degree.

  • PhD student working in the studio
    Textiles work by Laetitia Forst, PhD Research Student

    Alternative guide to postgraduate funding

    Find advice and information for prospective and current graduate students about applying for alternative sources of funding.

Help with funding

If you have a question about UAL scholarships, bursaries, awards and international loans, email:

If you have a question about the funding you may be entitled to, including Student Finance loans, state benefits and hardship funds, contact the Student Advice Service using our Enquiry Form. They can also give you guidance on managing your money.

Help with fees

If you have any questions about payment methodsinstalment plans or payment terms, email our research team: