You've applied to UAL and now you're wondering, what happens next?
Find out more about how we’ll be in touch and the different responses you might get.
Our application process is not significantly affected by the Coronavirus outbreak. If you need to ask us a question after you've applied, you can contact us using your UAL Portal.
We'll contact you
We will stay in touch with you via:
- your personal email address
- the UAL Portal
- UCAS Track (undergraduate only).
Please check your email regularly – including your junk and spam folders.
We may email to ask you to:
- upload supporting documents
- submit a portfolio
- arrange an interview with us.
Letting you know our decision
Once we’ve made a decision, we’ll contact you via UCAS (where applicable) or the UAL Portal.
These are the possible decisions:
- We offer you a place
- We are unable to offer you a place
- We offer you an alternative place on a different course or at a different College.
Waiting to hear back?
We receive many applications and we give each one full consideration – this takes time.
Your application may take longer if:
- we have received a large number of applications
- you are applying for a popular course
- you have to submit a portfolio to support your application
- we need more information from you (for example about your qualifications, immigration status, or fees).
If your application is successful and we offer you a place, we will let you know the good news via email or UCAS (where applicable).
The outcome of your application will also be displayed in your UAL Portal under the ‘My Applications’ tab.
Your offer will be either conditional or unconditional.
- If it's a conditional offer, you will have to meet certain requirements before you can start at UAL. We will tell you what these requirements are in your offer email or via UCAS.
- If it's an unconditional offer, that means you have already met our academic requirements. You will still need to upload evidence of your qualifications and English Language test (if required) prior to enrolment. You may need to meet some non-academic requirements before you are able to enrol.
Please note: all offers must become unconditional before you can join us.