Change the way we research and exchange knowledge
As artists and designers, our work is about making sense of the world and our relationships in it and to it. We make physical products and systems that mediate those relationships, creating ripples of impact at wider scales.
We relate to wider social, economic, cultural and planetary systems. We’re making sure that we serve our biosphere and the lives within it through our research and knowledge exchange. We'll use the evidence produced through research and knowledge exchange to devise and campaign for policy change.
Our human system is fundamental to our ability to teach, operate in our buildings and use our voice to encourage action in the world. To connect change within and beyond our community, we must use our knowledge and research with care. We must transform ourselves and advocate for policy and practice change.
What we’ll do
- Apply our research expertise to our own systems and operations.
- Make the case for the contribution of creativity and culture in climate and environmental justice.
- Increase the scale and impact of our climate-related research.
- Imagine, inform and influence change in policy, industry and the higher education sector.
What we've done so far
- Convened the Climate and Environment Action Group.
- Identified areas of focus for our Climate Action Plan.
- Developed and applied a governance structure for working groups and membership.