Studying English Language Online
Moodle is the virtual learning environment (VLE) at UAL. This will be the main ‘home’ for your online course or test. You will use it to view important updates, to submit or sit assessments, or to take part in online classes.
Once you have been enrolled on your course, you will receive instructions on how to log in and use Moodle.
Collaborate Ultra is the platform your course will be using for ‘live’ online classes or tests.
You will be able to find links to join these classes in Moodle.
You will receive more information about accessing Moodle and Collaborate once you are enrolled on your course.
Being assessed online
To take the English assessment, you will need to install software called Respondus.
To use this software you will need:
- Strong internet connection
- Webcam and microphone
- Google Chrome browser
- One of the following operating systems:
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: OS X 10.10 or higher
- iPad: iOS 10.0 or higher
You will need to sit the test under exam conditions. This means:
- You must take the test in a well-lit, quiet room where you will not be disturbed
- You must sit at a table
- Your webcam must be on, and your face must be clearly visible throughout the test
- You must show your ID before the test begins
- You must use your webcam to scan the room, to prove there is nobody else with you
More information about taking the assessment will be provided during your course.