Accommodation Services is available to all UAL students looking for a place to live. You can find information and advice on living in halls of residence or in a privately-rented property.
Halls of residence are available to all students who have been offered a place on a course at UAL.
Students should pick their top 5 halls of residence when applying. We will try to place you in one of your top 5 halls, but we cannot guarantee this will be possible. Please make sure you send in your application early to avoid disappointment.
Applications from international students, disabled students and those under the age of 18, will be prioritised. Please notify us of any special requirements you have on your accommodation application.
Foundation year students work on a different timetable to most other courses but they are still encouraged to book a place in halls.
Please note, the UAL Halls Open Day scheduled for Saturday 4 April has been canceled. If you have already purchased train, coach or plane tickets to attend this event, please contact the ticket provider directly.
When can I apply?
- Current students looking for accommodation this academic year (2019/20) can apply now
- MA students looking for accommodation starting in January 2019 can apply now
- Students returning to UAL for the academic year 2020/21 will be able to apply from Thursday 26 March 2020. Students returning to halls can read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the process.
- Students who have firmly accepted either an unconditional (UF) or conditional offer (CF) for the academic year 2020/21 will be able to apply from Thursday 2 April 2020.
- Students who have either an unconditional (UC) or conditional offer (C) for the academic year 2020/21 will be able to apply from Thursday 14 May 2020.
- International students must apply before Friday 15 May to be considered a priority.
When will I hear about my offer?
- Students applying for a room this academic year (2019/20) should receive their offer approximately 48 hours after they apply.
What happens once I have an offer?
- You have 7 days to accept the offer. You will need to make an initial payment of £500 to accept. This is made up of £250 advanced rent and £250 damage deposit.
- Once you have your offer Accommodation Services cannot change the offer or swap your offer for another hall or type of room.
- If you change your mind about where you want to live you will have to reject your offer and contact us to be put on a mailing list. This is not recommended as you will not be guaranteed a second accommodation offer.
- If you receive an accommodation offer from one of our partner halls they will contact you directly.
We can offer help and advice to all students renting in the private sector, alone or with friends.
Join us in halls for inexpensive rooms right in the heart of the capital from June to August.