Halls of residence are available to all students who have been offered a place on a course at UAL.
Students should pick their top 5 halls of residence when applying. We will try to place you in one of your top 5 halls, but we cannot guarantee this will be possible. Please make sure you send in your application early to avoid disappointment.
Applications from international students, disabled students and those under the age of 18, will be prioritised. Please notify us of any special requirements you have on your accommodation application.
Foundation year students work on a different timetable to most other courses but they are still encouraged to book a place in halls.
When can I apply?
- Current students looking for accommodation this academic year (2020/21) can apply now
- Students looking for accommodation for the academic year 2021/22 will be able to apply in the spring of 2021.
When will I hear about my offer?
- Students applying for a room this academic year (2020/21) should receive their offer approximately 48 hours after they apply.
What happens once I have an offer?
- You have 7 days to accept the offer. You will need to make an initial payment of £500 to accept. This is made up of £250 advanced rent and £250 damage deposit.
- Once you have your offer Accommodation Services cannot change the offer or swap your offer for another hall or type of room.
- If you change your mind about where you want to live you will have to reject your offer and contact us to be put on a mailing list. This is not recommended as you will not be guaranteed a second accommodation offer.
- If you receive an accommodation offer from one of our partner halls they will contact you directly.