Halls of residence are available to all students who have been offered a place on a course at UAL.
Students should pick their top 5 halls of residence when applying. We will try to place you in one of your top 5 halls, but we cannot guarantee this will be possible. Please make sure you send in your application early to avoid disappointment.
Applications from international students, disabled students and those under the age of 18, will be prioritised. Please notify us of any special requirements you have on your accommodation application.
Foundation year students work on a different timetable to most other courses but they are still encouraged to book a place in halls.
When can I apply?
- Current students looking for accommodation this academic year (2020/21) can apply now
- Students who are returning to UAL for the academic year 2021/22 can apply from Wednesday 5 May. This cohort includes current UAL foundation students who are returning to UAL to start their first year in their undergraduate course, current students in the first year of their undergraduate course, who are returning to start their second year, and current students in the second year of their undergraduate course, who are returning to start their third year. MA students who previously studied at UAL are also classed as returners.
- Students who have an unconditional or conditional offer and have firmly accepted their offer for the academic year 2021/22 with UAL can apply from Wednesday 12 May. This cohort includes students who deferred their offer in 2020-21.
- All students who have received an offer from UAL for the academic year 2021/22 can apply from Wednesday 19 May.
When will I hear about my offer?
- We have two offer dates for the academic year 2021-22: Thursday 3 June and Thursday 1 July. Students will be given 10 days to accept or decline their offer.
- Any student who applies for a room in halls after Thursday 1 July, will receive an offer after Wednesday 28 July. These offers will be subject to availability, and students will have a 48-hour window to accept.
- Students applying for a room this academic year (2020/21) should receive their offer approximately 48 hours after they apply.
What happens once I have an offer?
- If you receive an offer for one of our UAL managed halls, you will have 10 7 days to accept the offer. You will need to make an initial payment of £500 to accept. This is made up of £250 advanced rent and a £250 damage deposit.
- If you receive an accommodation offer from one of our partner halls, they will contact you directly.