Accommodation Services is available to all UAL students looking for a place to live. You can find information and advice on living in halls of residence or in a privately-rented property.
Halls of residence are available to all students who have been offered a place on a course at UAL.
Students should pick their top five halls of residence when applying. We will try to place you in one of your top five halls, but we cannot guarantee this will be possible. Please make sure you send in your application early to avoid disappointment.
Applications from international students, disabled students and those under the age of 18, will be prioritised. Please notify us of any special requirements you have on your accommodation application.
Foundation year students work on a different timetable to most other courses but they are still encouraged to a book a place in halls.
How do I apply?
Students need to register for an account using their UAL Student ID number and then follow the application instructions.
When can I apply?
- Current students looking for accommodation this academic year (2018/19) can apply now
- MA students looking for accommodation starting in January 2019 can apply now
- Students returning to UAL for the academic year 2019/20 will be able to apply from Wednesday 27 March 2019. Students returning to halls can read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the process.
- Students who have firmly accepted either an unconditional (UF) or conditional offer (CF) for the academic year 2019/20 will be able to apply from Wednesday 3 April 2019.
- Students who have either an unconditional (UC) or conditional offer (C) for the academic year 2019/20 will be able to apply from Wednesday 8 May 2019.
- How to apply for UAL Halls (PDF 481KB)
When will I hear about my offer?
- Students applying for a room this academic year (2018/19) should receive their offer approximately 48 hours after they apply.
- MA students applying for a room starting from January 2019 should receive their offer approximately 72 hours after they apply.
- Students applying for a room for the academic year 2019/20 will start receiving offers from Thursday 23 May until the end of August.
- UAL Halls Offer Dates for 2019/20 (PDF 720 KB)
What happens once I have an offer?
- You have two weeks to accept the offer and make an initial payment of £510 to secure your place in halls - the £510 includes £250 advanced rent, £200 damage deposit and a £60 admin fee.
- Once you have your offer Accommodation Services cannot change the offer or swap your offer for another hall or type of room.
- If you change your mind about where you want to live you will have to reject your offer and contact us to be put on a mailing list. This is not recommended as you will not be guaranteed a second accommodation offer.
- If you receive an accommodation offer from one of our partner halls they will contact you directly.
We can offer help and advice to all students renting in the private sector, alone or with friends.
Join us in halls for inexpensive rooms right in the heart of the capital from June to August.