Who can apply
- confirm your institution is a UAL partner. UAL does not accept applications directly from students. If there is no exchange agreement, you can come for a term via UAL Study Abroad.
- contact the International Office at your home institution to know how to apply.
UAL has agreed with its partners a series of objective criteria for incoming students:
- Year of study: equivalent or above to the year of study requested at UAL.
- Field of study: equivalent to the field of study requested at UAL.
- English proficiency: English language ability recommended to the equivalent of B2 level.
Check the possible periods of mobilities by emailing the International Office at the college they would like to visit:
- Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon (CCW): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Saint Martins: email@example.com
- London College of Communication: firstname.lastname@example.org
- London College of Fashion: email@example.com
The application process has 2 parts.
Apply through home institution
Once you have been selected by your home institution, UAL will contact you and let you know the next steps. Your college may ask you to provide:
- A personal statement written in English: 500 words outlining why you applied, where you want to go, what you would like to achieve and anything else.
- A portfolio if you are applying to a practice based course. Check out our tips on how to prepare your portfolio.
- For Central Saint Martins only: if you have not been studying in English, you will need to have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above. Some courses require 6.5, 7.0 or 7.5 (check level required on the course page).
For non-Erasmus exchanges to CSM: a draft Learning Agreement in order to be orientated in a suitable pathway.
- Your passport or ID.
- An ID photograph.
Apply to UAL
Fill out our online application form.
Deadlines for applications: check with your home institution.
The deadlines for the application vary according to each College and each course.
Online deadlines to submit your UAL exchange application:
- April 15
- September 15
You should start the process with your home university much earlier. Late application will not be accepted.
UAL requires its partners to send their nominations in time for their students to be able to submit their online application form on time.
PhD students: contact the College you are interested directly via your research group.
Start the application process as early as possible. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you are accepted
You will receive a confirmation letter, information about visas and accommodation.
You will need to send your formal acceptance of our offer within 1 week.
Please don't make travel or accommodation plans until you have received confirmation of your place of study at UAL.
Please inform UAL of any disability that may affect your work.