Students can contact our service for guidance on funding and immigration matters. Staff can find out more about the Student Advice Service and how to refer students on Canvas.
Student Advisers are based across UAL, so students will usually be able to have an appointment at the UAL College where they study. There are also four Helpdesks, where students can receive general information and guidance on funding and immigration matters, and if necessary, can arrange an appointment with a Student Adviser at any UAL College.
Our service provides support related to fees and funding:
- Applying to UK funding agencies for finance, and any issues related to eligibility, assessments and payments.
- Applying to the University for financial support
- Applying for state benefits, for those students who are eligible, and any issues related to assessment, payments and correspondence with the various agencies
- Applying for additional educational funds from other sources
We also provide advice and guidance about UK visas and immigration:
- Applying for visas and permission to remain in the UK as a student, including any issues related to eligibility, applications and anything related to the outcomes of applications.
- Understanding the requirements of the immigration rules in relation to duties around work, study, police registration and other legal requirements.
- Information on the other immigration routes available to students, graduates and their families.
Visit a Helpdesk
UAL Student Centre
1st floor, 272 High Holborn
+44 (0)20 7514 6900
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
London College of Communication
Student Services - WG09
Elephant and Castle
+44 (0)20 7514 6590
Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 4.30pm
Central Saint Martins
Student Centre - C001
1 Granary Square
+44 (0)20 7514 7199
Monday - Friday, 10am - 5pm (4pm outside of term time)
Camberwell College of Arts
Student Centre - A1C01
45 - 65 Peckham Road
+44 (0)20 7514 6326
Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 4.30pm (term time only)