Our working hours are 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday.
Get in touch by filling in the Student Advice Service enquiry form or talk to us in person:
272 High Holborn
We can help through:
confidential advice by phone, email or appointment
information sessions and workshops
advice on finance and immigration for current and prospective students
help to access funding from government agencies
help to apply for immigration permissions to study in the UK
arranging support from University services.
Immigration and visas
We can provide advice about:
- applying for visas and permission to remain in the UK as a student
- eligibility requirements, application process and anything related to the outcomes of applications
- document checks for student visa applications and extensions
- understanding the requirements of the immigration rules: duties about work, police registration and other legal requirements
- information on the other immigration routes available to students, graduates and their families.
Visit UK visas and immigration for more information.
Fees and finances
We can provide money advice about:
applying to UK funding agencies for student finance, and any issues related to eligibility, assessments and payments
applying to the University for financial support
debt advice and support with debt negotiation with creditors outside the University (regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority)
applying for state benefits for eligible students, and any issues related to assessment, payments and correspondence with the various agencies
applying for additional educational funds from other sources
money management and budgeting.
Visit fees and funding to learn more about fees, and funding available for courses.
Confidentiality and Information Sharing Policy
Interaction between students and the Student Advice Service is confidential. Disclosure to a third party will only be considered when:
- consent has been given to disclose information
- there is a risk to students’ welfare or the welfare of others
- by legal requirement.