University Hardship Fund
Students who are on any undergraduate or postgraduate course can apply, but you should check the detailed eligibility requirements on the application forms.
All Home undergraduate students will need to have student finance assessment of household income that is below £42,875 to be eligible for payment from these funds and EU, International and PG students may be required to demonstrate their household income is below this level.
In response to the move to online learning and to the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic we have expanded the terms of our hardships funds.
Hardship Funds are means-tested hardship grants to assist with study costs. It is not a loan and does not need to be repaid.
University Hardship Fund
University Hardship Fund includes additional support for students who can demonstrate a loss of earnings, loss of family support or furlough.
New applications are welcome from undergraduate continuing students and postgraduate students with Home, EU, and International fee status who are experiencing exceptional unforeseen circumstances such as:
- Estranged from both parents
- Being in the Care of a Local Authority
- Financially dependent children or adults
- Disability or chronic medical condition that prevents working
- Significant debts that are being pursued by courts or bailiffs
- Victim of fraud resulting in unexpected hardship
- Bereaved in the last 12 months (immediate family) and incurred unexpected costs
- Documented Unexpected circumstances (including):
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of family support
- Furlough (only 50% of the priority allocation)
Applications can be made using the relevant application form below:
- Home Undergraduate students form (Word 662KB)
- Home Postgraduate and Graduate Diploma students form (Word 662KB)
- EU and International Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Graduate Diploma students form (Word 663KB)
Applicants will receive the result by email, within 20 working days of us receiving their fully completed application form and/or supporting documents.
Completed application forms and supporting documents should be sent via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should not post completed application forms and supporting documents.
Successful applicants will receive payment via bank transfer. Further information to be provided after confirmation of funding.
If you need help, please contact email@example.com.
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from University funds.
Use our Scholarships Search to find out what you might be eligible for.