Prepare for your main academic course at UAL
Studying a Pre-sessional course will enable you to improve your language skills and learn about academic life at UAL. If you complete your Pre-sessional course and pass your assessments, you can progress to your main academic course at UAL.
Our Pre-sessional courses are accredited by BALEAP.
Join a UAL community wherever you are
In 2021, all Pre-sessional courses will be taught online.
You will join engaging courses taught by supportive, experienced tutors. Pre-sessional and EPIC courses were successfully taught online in 2020 with high progression rates and positive feedback.
Online Pre-sessional and EPIC courses will deliver live lessons combined with directed study.
You may be asked to:
- Join a live lecture or seminar.
- Take part in one-to-one tutorials with your teacher.
- Read, watch or listen to other online materials to prepare for your classes.
- Join a chat forum to ask questions or discuss your group’s work.
- You will also need to submit your work online for assessment.
For online courses, you do not need to travel to London. You do not need a visa.
We can accept a variety of English language tests with applications. Entry requirements can be found on our courses pages.
Which Pre-sessional course is best for me?
There are different types of Pre-sessional course that you can choose from, based on the English language preparation you need. Find out which course is right for you.