UAL is committed to maintaining the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research.
We ensure that our research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks, obligations and standards.
- UAL Code of Good Conduct in Research (PDF 181KB)
- Procedure for the Investigation of Allegations of Misconduct in Research (PDF 420KB)
The UAL Research Strategy 2015-2022 underpins UAL's vision to 'ask original questions and arrive at new insights through the creativity and rigour of our practice and research'.
- Find out more and read UAL Research Strategy 2015-2022 (PDF 170KB)
Statements on research integrity
Contact for all matters related to research integrity including concerns about the integrity of research conducted by UAL: Dr Sharon Cole - Director of Research Management and Administration, email@example.com.
We're committed to supporting good practice in research and scholarly activity. At UAL, it's fundamental that research should be conducted in accordance with ethical principles.
Our Code of Practice on Research Ethics sets out the guiding principles and outlines the obligations and responsibilities for conducting research in an ethical manner. This document is part of UAL's framework for supporting good practice in research.
Research data management
Read about our Research Data Management Planning Procedures
UAL policy documents
- UAL_Funder_requirements_for_data_management (Word 235KB)
- UAL Research Data Management Policy 2014 - Annex A (PDF 183KB)
Concordat to researcher development
UAL is committed to supporting researchers in the development of their careers. It endorsed the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers (PDF 404KB) which sets out principles of how careers of researchers should be supported.
UAL has formalised its commitment to the Concordat with a successful application for recognition under the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ scheme. This is a European-level accreditation which recognises the steps that UAL is making to the careers of our researchers and the development of a thriving research community. The Action Plan specifies what UAL will be doing to embed the Concordat further.
- UAL HR Excellence in Research Action Plan (PDF 170KB)
- UAL HR Excellence in Research (Cohort 9) 2-year report November 2021 (Word 19KB)
- UAL HR Excellence in Research Action Plan – October 2019 (Word 79KB)
- UAL HREiR Action plan November 2021 - November 2023 (XLS 92KB)
Senior Research Management Team
- Jeremy Till, Pro Vice-Chancellor of Research
- Dr Sharon Cole, Director of Research Management and Administration
College Associate Deans of Research
Research Management and Administration (RMA)
UAL Research Management and Administration (RMA) provides all administrative services related to externally funded research projects, research students, research finances and research communications as well as coordination of our Research Centres.
RMA also supports research Staff Development, the Professoriate and all College/University Research Committees.
Get in touch with our Research Management and Administration team, firstname.lastname@example.org.