Applications for UAL Insights
UAL Insights is the University’s outreach programme offering young people access to our Colleges for creative activities and pre-university advice.
Our programmes are open to students studying art and design subjects at our partner schools and colleges.
Spring and Summer Schools are designed for 1st year Level 3 Diploma and A Level students.
Eligibility - who can take part
Students who meet one or more of the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Students who have no parent(s) or guardian(s) that have completed a university degree
- Students who live in a priority postcode area (using the Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD), areas in deciles 1 to 4)
- Students outside of London must attend one of our partner schools or colleges
- Students whose families receive benefits for living costs (including Universal Credit, Child Tax Credit, Free School Meals, Housing Benefit, Income Support, Income-based Job Seekers Allowance and Pupil Premium)
- Looked after children and care leavers.
Please note: UAL students on the UAL Foundation programmes (Camberwell College of Arts and Central Saint Martins) are not eligible but are supported by UAL's Academic Support Teams.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our eligibility criteria: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insights Post-16 programmes
Download the Insights programme 2022-23 timeline (PDF 5.4MB) for an overview of activities that take place in your 1st or 2nd year of Level 3 Diploma, AS or A Levels.
What's next? Autumn-Winter Schools
Applications for Autumn-Winter Schools are now open. Download our Autumn-Winter Schools 2022/23 application guide (PDF 10.3MB) to find out what's happening across our Colleges.
Need some pointers for completing our online application form? Watch Gavin's video for hints and tips.