You're eligible to enrol when you've met all the conditions of your study offer (if applicable) and accepted your place. If you're an international student you'll also need to have paid a deposit towards your tuition fees, and received a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number from us.
When it's time for you to enrol we'll send an email with instructions on what to do next. If you're eligible to enrol but haven't received an enrolment email from us, get in touch with our Admissions Service using your UAL Portal.
Enrolment starts and finishes at different times depending on your course:
- further education students: now open and and closes Friday 8 October 2021. Courses start on Monday 13 September 2021.
- undergraduate students: now open and closes Friday 22 October 2021. Courses start on Monday 27 September 2021.
- LCF PG Cert Fashion: Buying and Merchandising students: now open and closes Friday 1 October 2021. Course starts Monday 20 September 2021.
- all other postgraduate students: now open and closes Friday 22 October 2021. Courses start from Monday 20 September 2021. Check your timetable for your course start date.
- LCF Semester Study Abroad (autumn) students: now open and closes Friday 24 September 2021. Courses start on Tuesday 31 August 2021.
- Integrated Study Abroad (autumn) students: opens Monday 20 September and closes Monday 25 October 2021. Courses start on Monday 20 September 2021.
- UAL Pre-degree: Online students: opens Monday 27 September and closes Friday 10 December 2021. Course starts on Monday 22 November 2021.
You must receive your enrolment confirmation before enrolment for your course closes. We strongly recommend completing the online registration step of enrolment as soon as you're eligible. It can take up to 14 working days for your online registration to be reviewed. It may take longer for your enrolment to be confirmed if something is missing or incorrect upon review.
Before you enrol
You must set-up your UAL email and network account before you can enrol.
Once you've accepted your offer to study with us and it's less than 10 weeks before the start date of your course, you'll receive an email asking you to set up and start using your UAL email and network account.
If you've got problems logging in to your UAL email and network account, contact IT Services for help.
How to enrol
Step 1: Online registration
This is where you provide the information we need to enrol you. When uploading documents and images, make sure you add your Student ID number at the start of the file name.
You'll need to prepare (where applicable):
- a copy of your passport (or birth certificate if you are a UK national without a passport)
- a copy of your European national identity card
- copies of your academic qualifications
- copies of your visa and immigration documentation
- to pay your tuition fees or provide confirmation of your funding arrangements
- a photo for your student ID card.
Submit your online registration using your UAL Portal as far in advance of your start date as possible. Any delay could mean we're unable to enrol you before your studies begin.
Step 2: Enrolment confirmation
Once you've submitted your online registration, we'll check your information to make sure we have everything we need to complete your enrolment.
We aim to make all of our checks within 14 working days, but it may take a little longer during busier times. Please be patient. We'll contact you as soon as we can.
If we're able to complete your enrolment, we'll send you an email confirmation.
If anything is missing from your online registration, or something is incorrect - your enrolment will be paused. We'll email you detailing what you must do next. Please check your inbox regularly.