Certificates and transcripts
Your degree certificate and transcript prove that you completed your studies at UAL. They show what you’ve achieved to prospective employers and other officials.
Digital certificates for graduates from February 2023
From February 2023, all UAL Graduates can access digital award certificates via Gradintel. You will receive an activation email to set up your GradIntel account. If you have not received the activation email contact us using our Graduate enquiry form.
Once your GradIntel account is active, you can share your digital certificates securely with any employer or education institute.
If you graduated before February 2023 and require a digital version of your certificate, contact us using our Graduate enquiry form and we will send you a scan of your degree certificate.
If you studied at UAL from 2004 onwards:
- we can send you a duplicate degree certificate.
If you studied at UAL before 2004:
- we can send you a confirmation of studies letter.
Transcript options differ depending on when you graduated because UAL courses became credit-rated at different times.
If you completed your studies after 2018:
- we can email you your transcript.
If you studied with us between 2008 and 2017:
- we can send you a digital document with your marks and the grading structure.
- we cannot print a hard copy or send it in the post to a third party.
If you studied with us before 2008:
- we'll tell you what we can issue.
- if we cannot issue a transcript, we can send you a confirmation letter.
We can send you a digital letter that confirms:
- your name
- date of birth
- your qualification title
- the date and level of award.
We respond to reference requests through Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD).