not just a shop sells design products and artwork created by UAL students and alumni.
New products and artwork are sourced through open calls. Students and alumni who meet the criteria in our handbook can submit their work for the chance to get it sold.
Before applying for our open calls, please make sure you:
- Read the not just a shop Open Call Handbook (PDF 582KB) thoroughly
- Read our advice on How to Cost and Price your Work (PDF 435KB)
- Visit the shop in person or look at our website to see the types of products we sell.
If you are on a Tier 4 Visa, you cannot apply to sell your work because the UK government states that you cannot be self-employed on a Tier 4 Visa. More detailed information can be found on the UK Council for International Student Affairs' website.
Product open call
The next deadline to apply for the chance to get your products sold as part of not just a shop's Autumn/Winter collection is 27 July 2020 (10am).
Fine art open calls
As a result of the shop closure due to COVID-19, we will not be accepting new Fine Art submissions until later this autumn.
Live briefs and competitions
We also run live briefs (such as our annual Christmas card competition) for current students. These provide students who may not have market-ready products with chances to see their work sold.
Please note that if you are a current student on a Tier 4 Visa, you cannot sell your products in the UK (please see government guidance on visas).
- The deadline has passed to sell your artwork in our Spring/Summer 2020 showcase.
- Sign up for the Careers and Employability newsletter to keep up to date with our open calls, competitions and deadlines.