The Student Advice Service provides support to students with financial and immigration questions, and to students who require access to other services to resolve complex personal circumstances.
This support includes:
- Confidential individual advice by phone, email and interviews
- Group sessions related to specific topics
- Advice on finance and immigration for all students at the University
- Help to access funding from government agencies
- Help to apply for immigration permission and funds
- Arranging support from a number of University services.
How the Student Advice Service works
Each College has a designated Student Adviser, who is available on specific sites throughout term-time. In Colleges where there is a suite of support offices, the Advice Service provides Information and Helpdesk Officers.
The Service works with prospective and current students, and occasionally in the period immediately after completion of a course.
Where appropriate to a student’s needs, individual appointments are made with students.
Interaction between students and the Student Advice Service is confidential. Disclosure to a third party will only be considered when:
- Consent has been given to disclose information; or
- There is a risk to students’ welfare or the welfare of others; or
- By legal requirement.