Our halls of residence are available to all students who have an offer for a full time UAL course.
When can I apply for UAL halls?
- If you are looking for accommodation for this academic year (2022/23), you can apply for accommodation now.
- Students who are returning to UAL for the academic year 2023/24 can apply from Wednesday 12 April, 10am UK time. This cohort includes current UAL foundation students, who are returning to UAL to start their first year in their undergraduate course; current students in the first year of their undergraduate course, who are returning to start their second year; and current students in the second year of their undergraduate course, who are returning to start their third year. MA students who previously studied at UAL are also classed as returners.
- Students who have an unconditional or conditional offer and have firmly accepted their offer for the academic year 2023/24 with UAL, can apply from Wednesday 26 April, 10am UK time. This cohort includes students who deferred their offer in 2022/23.
- First year international students on a full time course, who are new students at UAL, are guaranteed an offer of accommodation, provided that we receive the application for accommodation before Friday 19 May.
- All students who have received an offer from UAL for the academic year 2023/24 can apply from Wednesday 10 May, 10am UK time.
How to apply to live in halls
1. Create an account
Register in advance for an account on the UAL student accommodation portal. You will need your 8-digit student UAL ID number (detailed in your course offer).
2. Research and choose your top 5 halls
You will need to choose your top 5 halls of residences in your application. We strongly advise that you choose five different halls. While we will try to offer you one of your preferences, we cannot guarantee this due to availability. If your preferences are not available, we will offer you a place in an alternative hall.
You can choose up to 5 preferences in your application. The first preference will be your top choice. If you do not select all five preferences, your non selected preferences will appear as ‘any room, any hall’ in your application. We will assume you are open to offers for any of our halls and for any room type.
3. Apply via our student accommodation portal
To apply, you will need to sign into the student accommodation portal and follow the instructions.
When will I hear about my offer?
You will receive an offer for accommodation by email. We will send this to the email address you used to register an account. You will only receive one offer of accommodation.
- Students applying for a room this academic year (2022/23) should receive their offer approximately 48 hours after they apply, subject to the availability of rooms.
- We have 3 offer dates for the academic year 2023/24: Thursday 25 May, Thursday 22 June and Wednesday 19 July. Students will be given 10 days to accept or decline their offer.
- Any student who applies for a room in halls after Wednesday 19 July, will receive an offer after Wednesday 2 August. These offers will be subject to availability, and students will have a 48-hour window to accept.
- Our allocations work on a first come, first served basis. We prioritise students who have disclosed a disability or health condition in their application and students who will be under the age of 18 at the start of the tenancy.
Securing your room
- If you receive an offer for one of our UAL managed halls, you will need to log into your student accommodation portal. You will need to read the terms and conditions of the tenancy agreement before choosing to accept or decline your room offer. Always refer to the deadline to respond to the offer in your latest correspondence. If you choose to accept, you will need to make an initial payment of £500 (£250 advanced rent and £250 damage deposit).
- If you reject your offer, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to send you another offer. This is because students who have not yet received an offer will be prioritised and new offers are subject to availability.
- The acceptance process and deposit amount varies for offers for our partner halls. You will first receive notification of your room offer from UAL Accommodation Services. You do not need to log into your UAL accommodation portal. The partner hall will email you with detailed instructions on how to accept the offer and the deadline for responding to the offer.
- If we do not hear from you by the deadline, you may lose your allocated room. If you miss your deadline, please contact us, so we can assist with your next steps.
- Please note you will need to pay a deposit to accept your offer and cannot delay this payment.
For UAL managed halls, you can log into your UAL accommodation portal to request a cancellation before the tenancy start date. Please note that charges will apply depending on when you request the cancellation.
For our Partner Halls, please refer to the cancellation policy in your tenancy agreement. The cancellation procedure will differ from UAL managed halls.
Information for disabled students
If you have a disability or health condition, you can disclose this information in your application. You can also notify us of any support or room adjustments you may need.
Information for students under 18
Any student under the age of 18 at the start of their contract will be required to sign a duty of care agreement. If you accept an offer for one of the University managed halls, you will be asked to sign a duty of care agreement. If you accept an offer for a partner hall, you will need to check the under 18 policy with the provider.
Information about Equal Opportunities
We are proud of our diverse student communities. We are committed to ensuring all our halls are an inclusive and supportive environment for everyone.