University of the Arts London believes that the diversity of its staff and student community is fundamental to creative thinking and innovation in the arts community.
We are committed to removing barriers to progression and success and promoting understanding and awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion for all. We have a set of objectives to help us do this, in line with the requirements set out by the Equality Act 2010.
Our obligation under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED)
Public Sector Equality Duty objectives
Under the provisions of the Equality Act (2010), universities are required to set Public Sector Equality Duty Objectives and report on progress against these objectives each year.
UAL’s PSED Objective in respect of students is:
- narrow differentials in participation and eliminate differentials in continuation and attainment of Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) students compared with White students.
Our specific PSED duties:
- publish equality information
- prepare and publish equality objectives
- publish accessible equality information and objectives.
Gender pay reporting
Gender pay gap reporting is required under the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties and Public Authorities) Regulations 2017 for ‘specified public authorities’. Reporting regarding UAL’s gender pay gap for workers in scope of the regulations as of 31 March 2019, can be found on the government website.
Further information and commentary on the results can be found in the UAL Gender Pay Gap Report March 2019 (PDF 133KB)
Gender pay gap reports
- UAL Gender Pay Gap Report March 2018 (PDF 337KB)
- UAL Gender Pay Gap Report March 2017 (PDF 337KB).
Equality, diversity and inclusion reports
- UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Report 2018 (PDF 1.9MB)
- UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Report 2017 (Students) (PDF 1.9MB)
- UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Report 2016 (PDF 4.6MB)
- UAL Equality and Diversity Progress Report 2015 (PDF 1.78 KB)
- UAL Equality and Diversity Progress Report 2014 (PDF 1.1MB)
For large print, audio or Braille versions of the equality information and PSED objectives mentioned, please contact the Diversity Team:
+44 (0)20 7514 9864
Equal Opportunities Policy
For more information on the Equality Act and its implications for HEIs, please visit the Equality Challenge website.