Equality objectives and reports
We believe that having a diverse staff and student community is important for innovative thinking and creativity in the arts.
We're committed to removing barriers to progression and success, and promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion for everyone. We have a set of objectives in line with the requirements of the Equality Act (2010) to help us achieve this.
Our Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) objective in respect of students is to reduce the differences in participation, continuation, and attainment of Black, Asian and minority ethnic (B.A.M.E.) students compared with White students. We also have PSED duties to:
- publish equality information,
- prepare and publish equality objectives,
- publish accessible equality information objectives.
Gender pay gap report
Gender pay gap reporting is required under the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties and Public Authorities) Regulations 2017 for specified public authorities.
As of 31 March 2022, our gender pay gap reports for staff can be found on Gender pay gap reports for University of the Arts, London.
Equality, diversity and inclusion reports
- UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Report 2021/22 (PDF 1.7MB)
- UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion report 2020/21, staff (PDF 563KB)
- UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion report 2020/21 (PDF 563KB)
- UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion report 2019/20, staff (PDF1.7MB)
- UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion report 2018 (PDF 1.9MB)
- UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion report 2017, students (PDF 1.9MB)
- UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion report 2016 (PDF 4.6MB)
- UAL Equality and Diversity Progress report 2015 (PDF 1.78KB)
- UAL Equality and Diversity Progress report 2014 (PDF 1.1MB)
Equality information reporting
We collate, monitor and publish equality information to show how we meet the requirements of the PSED, set out under the Equality Act (2010).
We use this information to:
- Assess the impact of our policies and procedures on different groups.
- Identify priority equality objectives, such as those set out in the university’s equality and diversity framework.
- Inform projects and measure progress on the university’s PSED objectives.
- Carry out our reporting requirements to the Higher Education Statistical Agency (HESA).
For more information on the Equality Act (2010) and how this affects higher education institutes, see the Equality Challenge website.
Contact the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team for large print, audio or Braille versions of the equality information and PSED objectives:
Call: +44 (0)20 7514 9864
Find out more
Find out how we support our diverse student community.
Learn about the ways we support staff of all identities and backgrounds.
Learn about the work we are doing and the pledges we’ve made to create an anti-racist university.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Learn what UAL does to create an inclusive and safe environment where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential.a