Skip to main content

Rent, insurance and contracts

Financial concerns

If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please feel free to contact the Student Advice Service team for advice and support:

Rent payments

Partner Halls

Some of our halls of residences are called partner halls. This means the building, contract and rent payments are managed by an external provider. The following halls are our partner halls: Emily Bowes Court (Unite Students), Wigram House (Urbanest) and Furzedown Student Village and Cedars Hall (Finddigs). Our new halls for September 2023, Wick Park (Novel) and Stratford One (Unite Student), are also partner halls.

Although you will apply for these halls through the UAL accommodation portal, your deposit and rent payments will be paid directly to the provider. If you receive an offer for one of our partner halls, the provider will be in touch with you directly to explain your options for the deposit and rent payments.

UAL Managed Halls

The following halls are managed by UAL: Archwood House, Brooke Hall, Cordwainers Court, the Costume Store, Gardens House, Glassyard Building, Highline Building, Portland House and Sketch House. This means that your deposit and rent payments will be paid to UAL Accommodation Services.

If you receive an offer for a UAL managed hall, you will need to pay £250 of advance rent, in order to accept the offer.  You will also need to pay £250 damage deposit, which can be used against your room charges at the end of your tenancy. Please note the advanced rent and damage deposit payment cannot be deferred until you have received your student loan.

When accepting your offer, you will have the option to pay your annual rent in full or choose a termly payment plan. If you choose to pay the rent in termly instalments, your rent payments will be deducted from the card you paid your deposit and advance rent with. If you need to change the rent payment card details at any time, please contact the Accommodation Finance Team.

If you are an international student and choose to pay your annual rent in full, you will be able to choose the following payment methods: Flywire or credit / debit card.

If you are a UK student and are in receipt of a student maintenance loan, you will have the option to amend your rent payment dates to coincide with receipt of your loan. If you receive an offer for a UAL managed hall, you will be sent further information on how to organise this. Please note that if your payment dates are amended, you will still be liable for the rent from your contract start date.

We have a dedicated team of Finance Administrators within the Accommodation Services team, who are happy to assist with any questions you may have. You can email them at or call +44(0)20 7514 6240.


By accepting your offer, you are entering into a legal agreement with University of the Arts London and/or your accommodation provider. It is important you read your contract thoroughly before accepting it.

If you are unsure who your agreement is with, please contact Accommodation Services for more information.


All UAL-managed halls and partner halls (Emily Bowes Court, Furzedown Student Village and Cedars Hall, Stratford One, Wick Park and Wigram House) are covered by Endsleigh Insurance.

Before moving into halls, you will be asked to confirm your cover, to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered. You will be able to download a copy of the policy for future reference too.

We understand students have a limited budget so Endsleigh has launched brand new, unique student insurance options. They have been designed to cover the risks that you may encounter whilst living in student accommodation and away from home. To make a claim, visit the Endsleigh website.

Contact us

Accommodation Services:

Accommodation Finance Team:

Phone us:

+44 (0)20 7514 6240 (UK number), Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm UK time

+852 2155 4207 (Hong Kong number), Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 6.30pm UK time + 8 hours

Visit us in person: Fourth floor, 272 High Holborn, WC1V 7EY