Rent, insurance and contracts
By accepting your offer, you are entering into a legal agreement with University of the Arts London and/or your accommodation provider.
If you are unsure who your agreement is with please get in touch with the Accommodation Services team.
Please ensure you read your contract thoroughly before accepting it.
If you have concerns about paying your rent, please feel free to contact the Student Advice Service team for advice:
- Tel: +44(0)20 7514 6250
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance rent, deposits and administration fees
If you are a resident in Brooke Hall, Cordwainers Court, Gardens House, Glassyard Building, Highline Building, Portland House, Sketch House or Will Wyatt Court, in order to accept your offer you will need to pay £250 of advance rent plus a £200 damage deposit.
Please note your damage deposit is used against your room charges at the end of your tenancy.
Other halls, which are managed by external companies, require similar payments; you will be notified of these in your offer.
Student possessions insurance has been provided through Endsleigh for every student who is living at our student residences for the 2019-20 academic year.
This covers a range of belongings in your room, including laptops, sports and electrical equipment, clothes and frozen food. This has been arranged by UAL at no extra cost to students. Please note this only applies to Brooke Hall, Camberwell Campus, Cordwainers Court, The Costume Store, Glassyard Building, Highline Building, Sketch House and Will Wyatt Court. If you are at another Halls of Residence please speak to your Accommodation Manager who will be able to provide you with the information about your specific insurance cover.
The insurance certificate for the 2019/20 academic year is available below. Please download a copy of this document for your records. All claims will be handled directly by Endsleigh.
We work in partnership with Endsleigh to provide you with some contents insurance. It is important for you to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure that you fully understand the protection provided. Your policy number is HH1176. Visit the Endsleigh website to check your policy details.
- Check what is covered
- Check out support videos
- Chat to experts through Live Web Chat
- Check how to make a claim
- Extend and personalise your cover
It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for as you may find that you require additional cover to protect all your possessions both inside and outside of your room. Endsleigh’s new student gadget bundles allow you to insure multiple gadgets anywhere in the UK and up to 30 days worldwide. The following 3 bundles are available depending on the value of your gadgets.
- £500 phone and £500 laptop or gadget
- £750 phone and £750 laptop or gadget
- £750 phone and £1,500 laptop or gadget
Endsleigh is the UK's number one insurance provider for students and are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS. Over the last 50 years, they have used their expertise to help shape their products, services, contents and tools around their customers’ needs. They understand that protecting and replacing gadgets quickly is hugely important to students - that’s why they introduced their 24-hour gadget replacement promise (if your item is lost, stolen or unrepairable they’ll replace it within 24 hours/1 working day of your claim being approved). Policy excesses apply.
How to pay
This information relates to payments for Brooke Hall, The Costume Store, Cordwainers Court, Gardens House, Glassyard Building, Highline Building, Portland House, Sketch House and Will Wyatt Court:
- Payment in full - You will have the option of paying in full by credit or debit card when you accept your offer.
- Termly payment - To pay termly you must set up a payment plan when accepting your offer. A payment plan is set up using a debit or credit card. Please note the credit card used to accept and set up the payment plan will be the same card used to pay the rent. See below for payment dates. If you want to use a different card for paying your termly rent please call the finance team after you have paid your deposit and accepted your offer. It’s important you get in touch with us about this otherwise the payment will automatically come out of the account the first payment was made with.
- Bank transfer - There is an option for international students to pay by bank transfer. This option will appear when you accept your accommodation offer. Please send proof of payment to our office: email@example.com.
- Extra charges (do not use for paying rent) - If you are required to pay any additional charges for damage repairs or special cleaning throughout your contract period, please use the University's secure card payment system.
Please note: the following halls are managed by housing companies that we work alongside. Please refer to your offer acceptance details (an email you will have received) for information on how to pay your rent directly to your housing provider:
- Emily Bowes Court
- Furzedown Student Village and Cedars Hall
- Wigram House
We do not accept cash payments.
If you are having difficulties with payments, please contact Accommodation Services on +44(0)20 7514 6240.
Payment dates for Brooke Hall, The Costume Store, Cordwainers Court, Gardens House, Glassyard Building, Highline Building, Portland House, Sketch House and Will Wyatt Court for 2018/19:
- First payment: 7 September 2019
- Second payment: 6 January 2020
- Third payment: 14 April 2020