By accepting your offer, you are entering into a legal agreement with University of the Arts London and/or your accommodation provider.
If you are unsure who your agreement is with please get in touch with the Accommodation Services team.
Please ensure you read your contract thoroughly before accepting it.
If you have concerns about paying your rent, please feel free to contact the Student Advice Service team for advice:
- Tel: +44(0)20 7514 6250
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance rent, deposits and administration fees
If you are a resident in Brooke Hall, Cordwainers Court, Costume Store, Gardens House, Glassyard Building, Highline Building, Portland House or Sketch House, in order to accept your offer you will need to pay £250 of advance rent plus a £250 damage deposit
Please note your damage deposit is used against your room charges at the end of your tenancy.
Other halls, which are managed by external companies, require similar payments; you will be notified of these in your offer.
All UAL-managed halls, Emily Bowes Court, Furzedown Student Village, and Wigram House are covered by Endsleigh Insurance.
Before moving into halls, it is important all students confirm their cover to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered.
To see a full list of what is included in the content's insurance, confirm your cover and you can see a full breakdown.
We understand students have a limited budget so Endsleigh has launched brand new, unique student insurance options. They have been designed to cover the risks that you may encounter whilst living in student accommodation and away from home.
To make a claim, visit the Endsleigh website.
Chapter Lewisham is covered by cover4insurance. his insurance will provide a range of cover for your possessions within your accommodation such as cover for your laptop, electrical goods, clothes, sports equipment, and frozen food.
How to pay
This information relates to payments for Brooke Hall, The Costume Store, Cordwainers Court, Gardens House, Glassyard Building, Highline Building, Portland House and Sketch House.
- Payment in full - You will have the option of paying in full by credit or debit card when you accept your offer.
- Termly payment - To pay termly you must set up a payment plan when accepting your offer. A payment plan is set up using a debit or credit card. Please note the credit card used to accept and set up the payment plan will be the same card used to pay the rent. See below for payment dates. If you want to use a different card for paying your termly rent please call the finance team after you have paid your deposit and accepted your offer. It’s important you get in touch with us about this otherwise the payment will automatically come out of the account the first payment was made with.
- Bank transfer - There is an option for international students to pay by bank transfer. This option will appear when you accept your accommodation offer. Please send proof of payment to our office: email@example.com.
- Extra charges (do not use for paying rent) - If you are required to pay any additional charges for damage repairs or special cleaning throughout your contract period, please use the University's secure card payment system.
Please note: the following halls are managed by housing companies that we work alongside. Please refer to your offer acceptance details (an email you will have received) for information on how to pay your rent directly to your housing provider:
- Chapter Lewisham
- Emily Bowes Court
- Furzedown Student Village and Cedars Hall
- Wigram House
We do not accept cash payments.
If you are having difficulties with payments, please contact Accommodation Services on +44(0)20 7514 6240.
Payment dates for Brooke Hall, The Costume Store, Cordwainers Court, Gardens House, Glassyard Building, Highline Building, Portland House or Sketch House for 2020/21:
- First payment: 3 October 2020
- Second payment: 5 January 2021
- Third payment: 13 April 2021