Skip to main content

International short stays

UAL students in the park in the summer

We offer short-term accommodation for international Pre-sessional, Study Abroad and Exchange students.

As well as students on full-time courses, we welcome Pre-sessional students, Study Abroad students, and Exchange students to apply to live in our halls of residences.

If you are new to the UK, we recommend moving into halls to help you settle into life in London, meet fellow UAL students, and travel to your campus easily.

Information for Pre-sessional students

Accommodation in our halls of residence is available for students on UAL Pre-sessional summer courses including:

  • Pre-sessional English programme including 9-week and Unconditional Pre-sessional in London
  • Foundation Plus programme at Central Saint Martins
  • Foundation Plus programme at Chelsea, Camberwell, and Wimbledon College of Arts.

If you are taking one of these courses, we recommend Glassyard Building and The Costume Store. Both of these halls have en-suite bathrooms in every room and are easily commutable to UAL college campuses and central London. You may also apply to and be considered for other UAL halls of residences, subject to room availability.

After you receive your Pre-sessional course offer and UAL student ID number, please register for an account through our accommodation portal. To apply, please complete an online application by following our instructions on how to apply for halls.

Information for Study Abroad, Exchange and Low Residency Model students

If you are a student joining the Study Abroad programme or the Exchange programme, you can apply to stay in a UAL hall of residence.

We offer short-term tenancies for the Autumn term and Spring term at Glassyard Building and The Costume Store.

Our short-term tenancies have fixed lengths and are priced at a weekly rate which is higher than our standard full-length tenancies.

If you are studying for the full academic year, you will be able to select from a wider range of UAL halls. You can learn about our different halls and locations in London by visiting our Halls of Residences page.

When can I apply?

If you are arriving in the Autumn term, (starting in September 2023), you can apply to live in halls from Wednesday 26 April if you have firmly accepted your offer to study at UAL.

If you are arriving in Spring, you can apply from November 2023.

To book your place, simply follow our instructions on how to apply for halls.

Rooms are subject to availability so we recommend that you apply as early as you can. We may offer you a place at an alternative hall or room type depending on room availability at the time your application is processed.

Summer Study Abroad

Summer Study Abroad students at London College of Fashion can apply to stay at The Costume Store, which is easily commutable to campus by bus or London Underground.

If your Summer Study Abroad course starts in July or August, you are also welcome to book a room with our Summer Stays team.

Private accommodation

If you decide not to live in halls, our Private Accommodation Advisor can give advice on alternatives. Please note that standard private rentals in London are usually for a minimum of 6 months or longer; available short stay options are limited. Before you start looking, we recommend you contact our Advisor at

Please do not try to book private accommodation with a private landlord before you come to London. You must be in London first as you will need to view the property before you pay any money for it. You need to check it is good for you to live in, and landlords are also required by law to meet you in person before they allow you to move in.

Contact us

If you have any questions about our availability or anything else related to our International Short Stays, our team will be more than happy to help.

Phone us: +44 (0)20 7514 6240 
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm (UK time)

Visit us in person: Fourth floor, 272 High Holborn, WC1V 7EY

We also have an International Accommodation Advisor. They support international students with finding a place to live in London. They are based at the UAL Asia Branch Office in Hong Kong, where our staff speak Cantonese, Mandarin and English.

Phone us: +852 2155 4207
Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 6.30pm (local time in Hong Kong)

  • Private Rented Accommodation

    Moving to the UK

    Practical information about bank accounts, healthcare, travel and things to do in London to help make your move as easy as possible.

  • Pre-Sessional English

    If you have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at University of the Arts London (UAL) and need to improve your English, our Pre-sessional courses can help you

  • Work by Marie Aimee Fattouche – MA Fine Art, Chelsea College of Arts. Photo: Alys Tomlinson
    Work by Marie Aimee Fattouche – MA Fine Art, Chelsea College of Arts. Photo: Alys Tomlinson
    Study Abroad

    Discover our study abroad programmes and book a virtual appointment with the team

  • CVs and Portfolios 2

    Exchange students

    If you are studying at another institution, and want to study at UAL on an exchange for one, two or three terms, find all the information you need to prepare for your visit.