UAL Fashion Textiles and Technology Institute
The UAL Fashion Textiles and Technology Institute (FTTI) delivers sustainable innovation across the entire fashion and textiles value chain. The FTTI operates at the intersection of Design, STEM, Cultural Anthropology and Business practices.
Together with our partners we aim to foster a new creative culture in which fashion, textiles and technology businesses can use research and development to achieve resilient growth.
By bridging the gap between academic research and commercial textiles and fashion, we can open up opportunities for real-world applied disruption.
Call for proposals for Fashion, Textiles and Technology partnership with British Council
The Fashion, Textiles and Technology Institute (FTTI) is partnering with the British Council on an initiative to support new ideas for the future of sustainable fashion, textiles and related technology.
BFTT publishes insightful report on future of UK fashion, textiles and technology
The Business of Fashion, Textiles & Technology (BFTT) has published a major report which identifies opportunities for growth and investment in the UK fashion, textiles and technology (FTT) industry.
Study with us
Join UAL’s vibrant community of researchers. We offer theoretical and practice-based research programmes, leading to an MPhil or PhD.
There are currently over 250 research students at UAL who enjoy full access to all College and Institute resources as well as student training and support.
- Jane Harris, Director of Research and Innovation (Stratford)
- Mohammad Mahbubul Hassan, Professor of Advanced Sustainable Materials
- Kate Goldsworthy, Reader in Circular Textile Design
- Claire Bunyan, Senior R&D Fellow in Cultural Anthropology
- Joseph Houghton, R&D Fellow in Green and Sustainable Chemistry
- Laura Solomon, R&D Fellow in Textile Science and Technology
- Nadja Ohranovic, Associate Director Business Development and Partnerships
- Luigi Galimberti, Operations Manager (BFTT/FTTI)
- Nikki Matthews, R&D Manager (BFTT/FTTI)
- Jack Connors, Innovation Manager
- Salah ud Din, Project Support Coordinator
- Michelle Philgence, PA to the Director