To help us assess your application, we may ask you to upload a portfolio of your work. We use a tool called PebblePad for this.
It’s very important that you upload your portfolio by the deadline.
If we invite you to an interview, you may need to bring your physical portfolio with you.
Logging in to PebblePad
- We will email you a PebblePad username and password when we are ready for you to upload your portfolio.
- Please note that this will not be the same login as the one you use to access your UAL Portal.
- Your PebblePad login details will be the same for all the courses you are applying to, but not all courses will ask you to upload at the same time, so please don’t worry if you receive requests at different times.
- Where possible, scan your work, except for large or 3D work, which you should photograph.
Using PebblePad to upload your work
- Log in to PebblePad using the details emailed to you.
- Click on the course that you need to create a portfolio for. If you can’t see the course, don’t worry – we will email you when it’s time to upload your portfolio.
- Click on the ‘Portfolio’ tab in the top left of the page.
- Click on the ‘Choose media’ button to select the files you want to upload.
- You can format text and add links to other content (you cannot link to your portfolio – you must upload it).
- You can’t make changes once you submit your work – only submit your work when you are certain.
- The home screen will show a ‘Submitted’ status. You will also receive an email confirmation.
- Take a look at the Terms and Conditions for PebblePad (PDF 53KB).
File types you can upload
- Images: bmp, gif, jpg, jpeg, png
- Audio: mp3, mp4, ogg, wav, wma
- Video: avi, mp4, mpg, mpeg, mkv, mov, wmv.
Every applicant uploads the same number of images, to make the process fair.
Make sure you upload high quality scans or photographs of your visual work wherever possible.
File sizeFiles should be no more than:
- 4000 pixels in either height or width
For queries about your submission, reply to your PebblePad invitation email.
If you have any technical issues, email PebblePad.Support@arts.ac.uk with:
- your name
- your student ID
- the college you applied to
- the name of the course(s) you applied to
- the device and browser you are using
- a brief description of the issue you are having.
We try to respond within 2 working days, but our reply may take longer during busy times.