Court of Governors
University of the Arts London is a higher education corporation created by statute and it is an exempt charity. Its governing body is the Court of Governors.
The Court of Governors consists of 25 governors who are also the University’s charity trustees. The majority of governors are external laypeople.
The main duties of the Court of Governors are:
- To determine and promote the educational character and mission of the University
- To oversee the efficient use of resources, the University’s solvency, and to safeguard the University’s assets
- To approve the University’s statement of accounts
- To set a framework for the pay and the conditions of staff.
View the strategic calendar:
Membership of the Court list
- Instrument and Articles of the University - Governing Document (PDF 717KB)
- For Reference - Pre-2013 Version of the Governing Document (PDF 195KB)
- Membership of the Court of Governors and Other Trusteeships December 2017 (PDF 33KB)
- Statement of Primary Responsibilities (PDF 46KB)
- Structure Chart of Governor Committees (PDF 112KB)
- Committee Terms of Reference 2017-18 (PDF 140KB)
- Committee Membership at December 2017 (PDF 22KB)
Recruiting new external governors
- Advertisement for New Governors (2014) (PDF 16KB)
- Financial Statements
- Charity Commission Guidance "The Essential Trustee"