Key reference and corporate policy documents
Legal status and history
UAL is a Higher Education Corporation and an Exempt Charity. More information about this can be found on our charitable status page or via the below documents:
As a public body and a charity, UAL is required to have in place a number of corporate policies:
- The Bribery Act Policy (PDF 68KB) sets out how we comply with the Bribery Act 2010.
- The Whistle-blowing Policy (PDF 43KB) explains the process by which students, staff and third parties can make a 'Public Interest Disclosure'.
- The Serious Incident Reporting Policy (PDF 41KB) sets out how UAL will notify its regulator if and when any serious incidents occur.
- The Freedom of Speech Code (PDF 58KB) explains UAL's legal obligations in relation to freedom of expression, arrangements for meetings, and our duties under the Equality Act 2010 and the Education Act 1986.
- The Ethics Policy (PDF 91KB) has been adopted by UAL in order to set out the ethical framework within which the University will conduct its affairs.
To download UAL's governing document (the 'Instrument and Articles of Government') and other constitutional documents, visit the Court of Governors page, which also provides information about our governing body.