Amber Butchart, Fashion Historian, author, researcher, broadcaster and tutor of our Fashion History: The Evolution of Style Online course, shared her suggestions on who to follow, what to read, watch and listen to, during isolation.
Who to follow?
- Follow the Costume Society and Association of Dress Historians social media accounts
- I'm running a #VirtualFashionMuseum on my Instagram account.
What to read?
- ‘We Wear Culture?’ on Google Arts & Culture
- Europeana historical fashion collections from more than 30 European public and private institutions
- The excellent Fashion Institute of Technology fashion history timeline and explore their collections and other resources here
- Watch English Heritage historic makeup tutorials
- Watch London's Fashion Alphabet from the Museum of London
- Watch The Fashion Archive and vintage fashions channel from British Pathe