5 reasons you should take Millinery Workshop
Written by Hamish Chohan
Published date 12 August 2019
The Millinery Workshop runs for a week in September, as a part of our Summer School and will be taught by milliner and tutor, Jane Fryers. The workshop offers students the opportunity to develop their skill for making their own hats! Suitable for both beginners and intermediate students, the course is packed with tips, techniques and practical hands on experience. Here’s why you should book a place on the course today.
- Central Saint Martins (CSM) - There is a uniquely creative atmosphere at Central Saint Martins’ that you will feel when you step into the building. The Millinery Workshop classroom is spacious and bright.
- YOUR TUTOR - Jane Fryers has incredible knowledge that she passes on to her students. On this course you can expect to receive the personal attention required to get you off to a flying start while you focus on learning the skills required to make your own hats. Jane has also previously exhibited her work in the 2018 CSM Short Courses exhibition. To learn more, read our interview with Jane on our Central Saint Martins short course blog.
- THE COURSE - You will be taught traditional millinery techniques that will allow you to make your ideas a reality, in an atmosphere of fun and hard work.
- THE LAST DAY - When you complete the course, you can walk out holding your head held high, wearing a hat you’ve made, and possibly carrying another one or two.
- AFTER THE COURSE - You will have plenty of other ideas and endless possibilities for future creations, as well as the skills to take your own next steps.