Vintage Millinery Workshop Short Course
During this course you will learn to make three different styles of ladies head wear from a selection of 20th century styles: 1920s cloche, 1940s turban and a 1950s headpiece.
The course will cover historical fashion and specialist millinery techniques such as blocking, stitching, trimmings and linings, in which you will be working with a variety of materials from wool felt, foundation materials and silk.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
- Working with different specialist millinery material
- Creating different fashion styles
- Working with a variety of traditional millinery techniques
Please bring the following with you to the first session:
- 1 meter silk dupion/shantung
- 1/2 meter silk velvet
Meet the Tutor:
During the vintage millinery course you will learn to make three different styles of ladies head wear from a selection of 20th century styles: 1920s cloche, 1940s turban and a 1950s headpiece.