Designer at Victorinox Swiss Army, New York
You have the big name, LCF, on your resume.. it definitely has a good reputation in America; they know that LCF is a great school... it helped me a lot in my career... the teachers are amazing"
Jielin Hu studied MA Fashion and the Environment (now MA Fashion Futures) at London College of Fashion. When Hu returned to China after the MA, she found that green fashion was a hot topic, and it was her knowledge of the subject along with her portfolio and experience that impressed the CEO and Design Director of Icicle, who made her the lead designer of the brand's eco line. She interned at Rag & Bone in New York, before becoming a womenswear, menswear and technical designer at Victorinox Swiss Army.
More in this series:
- Fernanda Huffel, Footwear Designer, Rio de Janiero
- Carrie McCarthy, Interior Designer, Vancouver
- Claudia Fugita, Design Assistant at Fernanda Yamamoto, Sao Paulo
- Milly Leung, Founder of Fashion of Dreamworld TV, Hong Kong
- Natsuko Sakurai, Visual Merchandiser at Christian Dior Japan
- Maya Stewart, Handbag Designer, Los Angeles