Take a tour of the library
Our extensive resources include:
- 85,000 books on all aspects of the fashion industry from garment construction to cosmetic science.
- Unique collections of information on fashion designers.
- Image resources and illustrations.
- Fashion forecasts
- DVDs and videos
- Over 390 print periodicals and 20,000 e-journals
- Electronic information resources can be accessed via the e-library
Visitors may use the library by appointment. Please book in advance by telephone 020 7514 7455/6150 - daily visitor numbers are limited.
The library is open to graduates of University of the Arts London who are members of the Alumni Association. Read more UAL Alumni Association benefits.
Subject areas include:
- Beauty therapy
- Business and management
- Clothing technology
- Cosmetic science
- Costume history
- Fashion design
- Footwear and accessories
- Journalism and media studies
Rare Publications Collection
The collection contains rare books and periodicals reflecting the subject interests of the College. It includes:
- The Tailor and Cutter Academy Archive
- Tailors and Outfitters Assistants’ General Friendly Association
Access is by appointment only.
A reference collection of both cutting edge and standard textile samples.