Branded Content Research Hub is a network-based facility for research and exchange. We investigate how media and advertising are merging, and we consider how the industries involved should be regulated. Learn about the hub, our objectives and the people involved.
Learn about the hub, our objectives and the people involved.
- Determine the current regulation and governance arrangements for branded content through systematic cross-national comparison.
- Assess the key agencies and processes involved in the new media-marketing ecology, including automation and AI.
- Identify how industry practitioners and policy actors assess the suitability, ethics and governance of branded content practices to inform recommendations.
- Report on media coverage and public mediated discussion of branded content governance and assess the implications for stakeholder and public understanding.
- Produce and disseminate recommendations on branded content, including digital/media literacy, online safety and marketing-media governance.
- Facilitate networking and exchange between academics, industry practitioners, policy actors, civil society groups and other stakeholders to support hub outputs.
UAL staff members
- Principal Investigator: Professor Jonathan Hardy, LCC
- Dr Maitrayee Basu, LCC
- Anne Coddington, LCC
- Adrian Crookes, Associate Dean, School of Media, LCC
- Lynsey Fox, LCC
- Dr Frania Hall, LCC
- Simon Hinde, LCC
- Dr Nessa Keddo, LCC
- Dr Shuyu Lin LCF
- Dr Chiara Minestrelli
- Dr Raluca Moise, LCC
- Dr Agnès Rocamora, LCF
- Dr Zoetanya Sujon, LCC
- Gareth Thompson, LCC
- Dr Sevil Yesligolu, LCC
Advisory board members
- Dr Rula M. Al Abdulrazak, University of East London
- Dr Bjoern Asmussen, Oxford Brookes University
- Andrew Canter, Global CEO, Branded Content Marketing Association
- Scott Guthrie, Director, Influencer Marketing Trade Body
- Professor Finola Kerrigan, University of Birmingham
- Professor Iain MacRury, Stirling University
- Vince, Medieros, co-founder, TCO London, former Chair, CMA
- Professor Patricia Núñez Gómez, Complutense University, Spain
- Dr Helen Powell, South Bank University
- Dr Hyunsun Yoon, University of Greenwich
Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA)
The BCMA is the global industry body for branded content practitioners, run by practitioners, promoting best practice, sharing knowledge and growing the branded content industry.
Content Marketing Association (CMA)
The CMA is the industry association for marketing, publishing, advertising and social agencies.
openDemocracy is an independent international media platform.