You should be proficient in written and spoken English and be able to participate in group discussions and make presentations. As a guideline we would expect you to have an English language level equivalent to IELTS score of 6.0.
More information on English language requirements and equivalencies.
Students applying for this course are expected to be independent and highly motivated, preferably having completed one year at university level (undergraduate-level study).
In the 21st century, Advertising is still one of the most creative and innovative forms of communication. Creating conversations, empathizing with customers, selling more things. But how can we do it better? How can we get the best out of media both old and new? How can we create work that the public simply can't ignore? From conquering blank sheet of paper phobia to making a TV ad and writing and presenting a full-blown pitch, you will learn and have some fun and games along the way.
Summer Study Abroad - Communication for PR and Advertising course aims to provide you with an intellectually challenging and stimulating educational experience that will:
- Support your study of PR and advertising as creative communications industries
- Explore personal advertising communication methodology that enables you to examine, interpret, speculate and apply new and innovative approaches to communication
- Create empathetic conversations across all media platforms with customers
- Develop skills to demonstrate knowledge and apply a practical and critical understanding of contemporary issues surrounding PR and advertising communications
Andy combines teaching at LCC with his role as Creative Head and owner of ad agency creativepi.
Over the last 30 years he has worked for a range of clients at some of the world’s leading creative agencies including Lowes, Euros and JWT. He has also owned 3 of his own agencies. In his a career so far he has won over 50 including gold lions at Cannes, BTA, Creative circle and had numerous entries in D & AD and the One Show.
When Ruth isn’t working as an Associate Lecturer at LCC she’s busy managing marketing communications for Blakes Hotel, a premier, luxury boutique hotel in London.
Ruth brings with her loads of PR experience working with some of the biggest names in fashion such as Puma, Barbour, Juicy Couture. At Dolce and Gabbana she had the enviable role of celebrity endorsements and PR Manager.
Claire combines teaching at LCC with her role as Creative Head at Maker Studios, a global digital media brand and the original creator network.
Since graduating with a degree in Creative Advertising from University College Falmouth she has worked for a range of clients at some of the world’s leading creative agencies. In her career so far, she’s won a D&AD, BTAA Gold, Cannes Lion and many more awards.
Dates and fees
Date: Dates to be confirmed (TBC) for 2023
Time: 10am - 4pm
Duration: 3 weeks
You may find it helpful to bring:
- A laptop (if you are able)
- Notepad and pens/pencils
Please note items can also be purchased from the college shop if needed.
Summer Study Abroad Award
We offer a Summer Study Abroad Award for all of our 3 week Summer Study Abroad courses.
To be eligible, you must be 18 years or older, hold an offer to join one of our 3 week Summer Study Abroad courses, and be enrolled on an undergraduate degree programme outside the UK.
- The award covers the tuition-fee only and depends on you successfully enrolling for the course. Our cancellation policy still applies.
- Award winners will be asked to take part in promotional activities to promote Summer Study Abroad, including social media posts and takeovers, and blog writing.
Find out how to apply.
Download an example Handbook - Communications for PR and Advertising Summer Study Abroad PDF (472kb). Each year the content, dates and tutors may vary slightly.