The Industry Mentoring Programme at London College of Communication aims to encourage and support final year students and recent graduates in their transition from education to industry.
This voluntary programme matches LCC students and recent graduates of all disciplines with industry professionals to support their development as they kickstart their careers.
Are you a professional looking to shape and diversify the future of the creative industries?
We’re looking for industry advisors to support our students and graduates to gain a greater understanding of the creative sectors while developing their career aspirations.
In return, we offer:
- Access to diverse, emerging talent
- Connections to a world-leading creative University for teaching and research, and a College with a specialist focus on design, media and screen
- Exclusive access to our events and exhibitions
- Professional development and CV enhancement
- Complimentary mentoring training run by a nationally accredited trainer
- Certificate of successful completion of our mentoring programme.
Am I eligible to become a mentor?
If you’re interested in signing up as a mentor, you’ll need to:
- Run your own creative practice, or be a new-entry to mid-level creative working in the design, screen or media industries
- Have a direct memory and experience of the issues students might be facing, thinking, or worrying about as they approach graduation and prepare to make their next steps into the professional world
You can be based anywhere in the world - mentoring can take place in person or online.
LCC and UAL alumni are welcomed, but you don’t need to have studied with us to take part.
At LCC and UAL, we aim to be an equal opportunities higher education institution which embraces diversity in all areas of activity. We positively welcome applications from black and minority ethnic and female applicants.
For further information on the programme please read the Guidelines for potential mentors.
For further queries, please email Luminita Molico, Graduate Engagement Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentoring Spotlight: Lucie Chambeau x Katrina Young
Recent graduate Lucie Chambeau and her mentor, digital marketing and technology consultant Katrina Young, discuss their experiences of taking part in LCC's Industry Mentoring Programme.
Mentoring Spotlight: Preeti Buljhoo x Jonathan Paterson
MA Publishing graduate Preeti Buljhoo and her mentor, editor and journalist Jonathan Paterson, discuss their experiences of taking part in LCC's Industry Mentoring Programme.
Mentoring Spotlight: Karl-Lydie Jean-Baptiste x Melissa Quashie
We chat to MA Public Relations graduate Karl-Lydie Jean-Baptiste and her mentor, publicity manager Melissa Quashie, about their experiences of taking part in the LCC Industry Mentoring Programme.
Mentoring Spotlight: Sheida Kiran x Aileen McCracken
We chat to MA Documentary Film student Sheida Kiran and her mentor, series producer Aileen McCracken, about their experiences of taking part in the LCC Industry Mentoring Programme.