DESIGN ACTION celebrates creative activism. This digital showcase and events programme highlighted the work of London College of Communication’s Design School, as students and staff anticipate new futures in an uncertain world.
As the global pandemic causes us to rethink everything, we reconsider the Design School model and test our Manifesto against the shifting requirements of a changed world.
DESIGN ACTION featured a range of projects and work in progress from the School’s dynamic and collaborative community.
We questioned cultural, technological and disciplinary boundaries and confronted the social, systemic and ecological challenges of our time.
The programme included:
- An emerging research platform which explores the shifting definitions, debates and practices of graphic design
- A look at professional design practice in the wake of COVID-19
- An exploration of new ecological systems and tools
- A vision of the world in 2030 based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- An interaction design communication which rethinks concepts of audience participation, presence, and space.
DESIGN ACTION is part of London Design Festival.
BA (Hons) Design Management student commended in Mary Kay x ARTSTHREAD Challenge
Second-year student Julia Pitulska discusses her winning idea, her passion for design strategy, and highlights from her time at LCC so far.
London College of Communication celebrates graduating students at 2021 Graduate Showcase
Launching on Wednesday 30 June, join us online to explore how creative graduates can change the world.
BA (Hons) Graphic and Media Design students connect with leading practitioners through Critical Forum series
Mary Adekoya discusses the value of a recent in-conversation event with the internationally acclaimed designer and London College of Printing graduate, Eddie Opara.
Placements Spotlight: Annika Loebig x Multiplii
BA (Hons) Journalism student Annika Loebig discusses her experience of applying skills in content creation to a tech company specialising in behavioural science.