DESIGN ACTION celebrates creative activism. This digital showcase and events programme highlighted the work of London College of Communication’s Design School, as students and staff anticipate new futures in an uncertain world.
As the global pandemic causes us to rethink everything, we reconsider the Design School model and test our Manifesto against the shifting requirements of a changed world.
DESIGN ACTION featured a range of projects and work in progress from the School’s dynamic and collaborative community.
We questioned cultural, technological and disciplinary boundaries and confronted the social, systemic and ecological challenges of our time.
The programme included:
- An emerging research platform which explores the shifting definitions, debates and practices of graphic design
- A look at professional design practice in the wake of COVID-19
- An exploration of new ecological systems and tools
- A vision of the world in 2030 based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- An interaction design communication which rethinks concepts of audience participation, presence, and space.
DESIGN ACTION is part of London Design Festival.
Graduate Voices: Seowon Park
We chat to BA (Hons) Design for Branded Spaces graduate Seowon Park about her creative practice and the inspiration behind her major project.
Graduate Voices: Elaine Zhang
We chat to BA (Hons) Design for Branded Spaces graduate Elaine Zhang about her practice and creative journey since graduating from LCC.
Bookshelf Picks: Karl Foster
Illustrator and Senior Lecturer Karl Anderson Foster shares some of the seminal works that have shaped his work, philosophy and creative approaches.
London College of Communication introduces doctoral research exhibition, Unfolding Narratives 2
We explore work-in-progress projects from 7 PhD students at London College of Communication.