Dr. Ceri Higgins
Dr. Ceri Higgins is a Senior Lecturer for BA (Hons) Film and Television at London College of Communication, with experience as a writer, director, producer in film and television.
Ceri has worked for the BBC, Channel Four and ITV in the UK, Discovery in the US, and Televisa in Mexico in documentary, drama and media, with roles ranging from director, producer, studio executive, researcher, writer and editor.
Still active in the industry, Ceri – whose education includes a PhD in Film from the University of Durham, an MA in Film, Television and Radio from Bristol University and a BA (Hons) in Film, Drama and French from the University of Reading – is currently developing a range of film and broadcast projects.
She is also collaborating with research scientists at the University of Southampton on how film can be used to explore new methodologies for research into the impact and efficacy of dance on people with Parkinson’s.
Her research interests include Documentary (science and arts), Mexican cinema, cinematography, and the Gothic in film and television.
Film and Broadcast credits include:
- Parkinson’s Dance Documentary 30 mins Parkinson’s UK/broadcast (Producer/Director). (Watch on Vimeo)
- Sports et Divertissements Documentary/live performance 25 mins Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra (Executive Producer/Director)
- Framing Wales BBC Documentary series 4 x 30 mins series (Assistant Producer and Consultant)
- The Maya BBC Documentary 60 mins (Development)
- Montezuma BBC Documentary 60 mins (2nd Unit Director)
- Tina Modotti Channel 4 60 mins (Director)
As an author and academic her writing includes:
- Gabriel Figueroa: Nuevas perspectives CONACULTA, Book: Critical examination of the work and politics of the iconic Mexican cinematographer
- A Perfect Myth: A Conversation with Ray Müller about Leni Riefenstahl Intellect, Chapter: On Perfection ed. Jo Longhurst
- Transitando lo nacional Luna Cornea, CONACULTA, Chapter: An analysis of the transnational influences and elements in Alla en el Rancho Grande (De Fuentes, 1936 Mexico)
- Exterminating Visions University of Zaragoza Press, Chapter in: Isabel Santaloalla., et al., (eds) Buñuel 2000, Zaragoza: University of Zaragoza Press
View the BA (Hons) Film and Television course page.