Film Suite withdrawal
As part of the qualification review cycle, UAL Awarding Body have made the decision to withdraw the following qualifications from its current offer:
- UAL Level 2 Diploma in Professional Competence for Stagehands (600/0711/4)
- UAL Level 2 Diploma for Clapper Loaders (600/2555/4)
- UAL Level 3 Diploma for Focus Pullers (600/2554/2)
- UAL Level 2 Diploma in Professional Competence for Crane Technicians (600/0709/6)
UAL Awarding Body are no longer accepting new learner registrations onto these qualifications.
These qualifications will be removed from Ofqual’s Register of Regulated Qualifications from the 31 August 2021.
All of the qualifications that fall under the Film Suite portfolio appear in the Department for Education’s low and no enrolment consultation, due to having less than 100 registrations over the past three years. Therefore, any public funding attached to these qualifications would be removed from August 2021.
The above qualifications sit within the Film Suite portfolio of qualifications, of which there are two additional qualifications which UAL Awarding Body are looking to potentially re-replace with updated and redeveloped qualifications.
These qualifications are:
- UAL Level 2 Diploma in Professional Competence for Grips (600/0710/2)
- UAL Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for Advanced Grips (600/0776/X)
Further news regarding the Grips and Advanced Grips qualifications will be available in the spring. However, as a centre, if you are interested in offering any redeveloped film qualifications, or, as an individual operating in the industry, if you are interested in being involved in any future redevelopment of these qualifications, please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org.