The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) have confirmed that funding will be issued on an annual basis for qualifications across the 14-16 and 16-19 landscape in England. This position is consistent across all funding offers and all Awarding Organisations.
The Learning Aims Reference Service (LARS) has changed and will be replaced by 'Find a learning aim', which means the LARS website will soon be unavailable. You can access the new website here.
We have reviewed the updated list of qualifications and can confirm that the majority of our qualifications will continue to be funded in the next academic year (2021/22) with the same level of funding offered in this academic year (2020/21). However, please also be aware that the Adult Education Budget and Legal Entitlement funding has not yet been updated by the ESFA which is why the current dates in the Hub show as this academic year (2020/21). Further guidance will be issued to our centres as soon as this information is available.
Our qualifications that will not continue to have funding include the Film Suite qualifications which are being withdrawn, qualifications on the no enrolment list and any of our qualifications that have already been withdrawn. This includes the list of qualifications below:
- UAL Level 3 and Level 4 Diploma in Art & Design - Foundation Studies (This is a legacy qualification which has been replaced by the UAL Level 3 and 4 Foundation Diploma in Art and Design)
- UAL Level 2 Diploma in Professional Competence for Stagehands
- UAL Level 2 Diploma for Clapper Loaders
- UAL Level 3 Diploma for Focus Pullers
- UAL Level 2 Diploma in Professional Competence for Crane Technicians
- UAL Level 3 Diploma in Art & Design - England only (This is a legacy qualification which has been replaced by the UAL Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Creative Practice: Art, Design and Communication)
- UAL Level 3 Award in Printmaking - England only