The Industry Mentoring Programme at London College of Communication aims to encourage and support postgraduate students in their transition from education to industry.
This voluntary programme matches LCC postgraduate students of all disciplines with industry professionals to support their development as they enter the creative industries.
What are the potential outcomes for mentees?
- Work with your mentor to develop your future career plans
- Develop your plan for a practice, studio or business
- Build contacts and professional relationships while studying
- Develop your skills in presentation, applications and interviews, communication and teamwork
- Develop a greater understanding of the creative industries and your routes into industry
- Increase your confidence in gaining employment in your chosen industry
What are the benefits for mentors?
- Access to the London College of Communication mentor network
- Skills development and CV enhancement
- Partnership with London College of Communication
- Develop links with our vibrant community of students, alumni and staff
- Free training run by a nationally accredited trainer and facilitator
For more information about the benefits, criteria and key dates download the Industry Mentoring Programme Guidelines 2021 (PDF).
Creative Careers: Chiara Cola
We chat to Chiara about the ethos behind her creative practice and the motivation behind her role as an LCC industry mentor.
Graduate Voices: Lara Barbier
We chat to MA Screenwriting graduate Lara Barbier about the power of writers' residencies, the importance of mentorship, and her creative journey so far.
Students and professional creatives connect through Industry Mentoring Programme
As we introduce our 2021 mentors to their new mentees, we catch up with LCC graduate and previous participant Sydney Luntz and her mentor, digital artist Chiara Cola, to discuss why the programme has been an invaluable experience for them both.
Creative Careers: Graham Diprose on supporting the future of the creative industries
Photographer and former LCC academic Graham Diprose shares his incredible career journey, as well as his support for our Industry Mentoring Programme.