The Industry Mentoring Programme at London College of Communication aims to encourage and support postgraduate students in their transition from education to industry.
This voluntary programme matches LCC postgraduate students of all disciplines with industry professionals to support their development as they enter the creative industries.
- Monday 4 January 2021: Mentor/mentee applications open
- Monday 15 February 2021: Mentor/mentee application process closes
- Monday 1 March: Successful applications announced
- Monday 8 March 2021: Training sessions will take place online
- March–September 2021: The programme will run for 6 months
What are the potential outcomes for mentees?
- Work with your mentor to develop your future career plans
- Develop your plan for a practice, studio or business
- Build contacts and professional relationships while studying
- Develop your skills in presentation, applications and interviews, communication and teamwork
- Develop a greater understanding of the creative industries and your routes into industry
- Increase your confidence in gaining employment in your chosen industry
What are the benefits for mentors?
- Access to the London College of Communication mentor network
- Skills development and CV enhancement
- Partnership with London College of Communication
- Develop links with our vibrant community of students, alumni and staff
- Free training run by a nationally accredited trainer and facilitator
How to apply
Apply to be a mentor
Are you an UAL/LCC alumni or industry professional working in the creative industries? Applications for the 2021 programme are now open and close on Monday 15 February 2021.
Apply to be a mentee
Are you an LCC postgraduate student looking to enhance your career prospects? The mentee applications for the 2021 programme are now open. The closing date to apply is Monday 15 February 2021.
MA Photojournalism and Documentary Photography graduate recognised at the 2020 AOP Awards
We chat to LCC graduate Zula Rabikowska about her recent achievements, the highlights of her time at the College, and how our Industry Mentoring Scheme has helped to kickstart her career.
Bookshelf Picks: Ana Escobar on exploring the psyche, dreamlike journeys, and representation through images
Photography lecturer, LCC graduate and industry mentor Ana Escobar shares her top five bookshelf picks to help you stay inspired and stay creative.
Creative Careers: Rafa Prada on passion projects, social movements and collaboration
As we congratulate our Graduating Class of 2020, LCC industry mentor Rafa Prada shares his experiences of being a young creative, and gives his top tips for making a living by doing what you love.
Bookshelf Picks: Peter Houston on podcast voices, indie publishing and starting a movement
LCC industry mentor Peter Houston shares his top five bookshelf picks to help you stay inspired and stay creative.