The Doctoral Platform at Central Saint Martins offers PhD candidates the space in which to meet, share research, as well as co-ordinate, curate and participate in a variety of events.
As a doctoral student you will be able to
- Attend PhD-level seminars on philosophy, methodology, writing and art practice
- Present their work at Test Lab sessions for discussion and feedback.
- Meet other PhD candidates to discuss the experience of Doctoral research
- Present and test out research at various stages, from its inception to its completion.
- Attend and participate in talks, lectures, seminars, and reading groups.
- Organise and curate exhibitions, conferences, and other events
- Write and edit publications.
- Learn the skills necessary for the successful achievement of Registration and Confirmation (a complement to the University’s RNUAL programme).
- PGR workshops 2022–3 [Excel, 25kb]
- Experimental writing workshops 2022–3 [Word, 25kb]
- Art of Questioning/Test Lab 2022/2023
Find out more
- Frequently asked questions [Word, 25kb]
- Academic Support and Library
- For enquires please contact Daniel Rubinstein, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PhDs at CSM/UAL
If you would like to undertake a PhD at Central Saint Martins or University of the Arts London, please visit the Research Degree page. As a prospective student, you may also wish to look through our list of staff research profiles in considering potential PhD supervisors.
Snapshots at CSM library
This March the library is showcasing ideas-in-progress of 15 doctoral researchers working across disciplines at CSM. The showcase runs from 1–31 March 2023. Find out more.
Research students induction
Schedule for 29 September 2022 [PDF, 25kb]
Libraries and Learning Zones are open for Click and Collect and bookable study spaces. Visit Library Services to find out more.
Visit the Doctoral Platform news archive to view older news.