Today we celebrate the final shortlist for this year’s MullenLowe Group NOVA Awards and the return of people’s choice award, YourNOVA, on 25 June.
After spending time with the 28 nominees from Show Two: Design, this year’s judging panel have selected 10 students for the final shortlist. From Katie-May Boyd’s new recycling process to Shengyi Chen’s satirical jewellery and Harry Henley-Freedgard’s clothing collection which challenges the rules of men’s dress in Britain, the selected works encompass the personal and the political.
This year’s Show Two shortlisters are:
- Katie-May Boyd, MA Material Futures
- Matt Canham, BA Product Design
- Shengyi Chen, BA Jewellery Design
- Veronika Fabian, BA Jewellery Design
- Harry Henley-Freegard, BA Fashion: Fashion Print
- Jen Keane, MA Material Futures
- Simon Kidd, BA Ceramic Design
- Shuna Luo, MA Character Animation
- Montague Von Richthofen, BA Performance: Design and Practice
- Paolina Russo, BA Fashion: Fashion Design with Knitwear
Now the final shortlist has been announced, we are excited to welcome back the YourNOVA Award, which will see one overall winner take a £1,000 prize. From Monday 25 June you can vote for your favourite project from across Show One and Show Two – voting closes on the 2 July and the winner will be announced on 5 July. Until then, visit the MullenLowe NOVA Awards website to find out more about each of the shortlisted projects.
Follow the awards across social media using #MLGNOVA.