NOVA Award: Show Two nominees announced
Today the MullenLowe Group NOVA Awards has announced the 28 nominees for Degree Show Two.
With Show Two: Design right around the corner, it’s time for the MullenLowe NOVA Awards, highlighting some of the many student projects that take risks and innovate in their field.
From Emma King’s reframing of George Orwell’s 1984 using President Trump’s tweets to Laura Fischer’s performance breaking the oppressive silence of trauma and Dom Biddulph’s virtual reality reconstruction of Central Saint Martins’ Archway Campus, the nominated works reflect the diverse nature of the work contained in Show Two.
The MullenLowe Group NOVA Award nominees for Show Two: Design are:
- Adam Paroussos – BA Performance Design and Practice
- Anna Tuhus – BA Jewellery Design
- Dom Biddulph – BA Graphic Design
- Elena Gómez de Valćarcel – BA Ceramic Design
- Emma King – MA Graphic Communication Design
- Hana Fujimoto – BA Textile Design
- Hannah Newell – MA Design (Jewellery)
- Helen Milne – BA Textile Design
- Hwai-Jin Chen – MA Character Animation
- Jahui Liang – MA Design (Furniture)
- Jenny Banks – MA Material Futures
- Jiani Zhao and Emanuele Romano – MA Character Animation
- Kaye Toland – BA Product Design
- Laura Fischer – BA Performance Design and Practice
- Lena Peters – BA Ceramic Design
- Lily Saporta-Tagiuri – MA Industrial Design
- Lucy Ganley – BA Jewellery Design
- Marie Laffitte – MA Industrial Design
- Marta Giralt Dunjó – MA Material Futures
- Matthew Needham – BA Fashion
- Olivia Sutherill – BA Architecture
- Pamela Gottsponer – MA Communication Design
- Sachiko Osawa – MA Narrative Environments
- Sasha Bruml – BA Product Design
- Shanshan Liu – MA Narrative Environments
- Sophie Gilman – BA Fashion
- Sui Yu Au – BA Architecture
- Vitória Bastos – BA Graphic Design
You can see an image and short statement by each nominee on the NOVA Awards Longlist page.
The MullenLowe Group NOVA Awards cover all the Programmes in both Show One and Show Two and there will be five prizes awarded in July. Stay tuned on the blog for the Show Two shortlist.
Follow the shows and the awards using #MLGNOVA #CSMcome.