The judges, a panel of industry experts, were “blown away by the calibre of work” according to Vivian Thomason, Buying Director of Freedom at Topshop.
After narrowing down the entrants to a shortlist of eight over tea, canapés and prosecco, the panel announced the overall winner as Evie Armstrong-Clarke. They also highly commended the work of students Laila Hmiddouche, Lili Murphy-Johnson, Ella Stern and Johanna Galfske.
The judges given the difficult task of selecting a winner from over 50 students were:
- Emma Farrow, Head of Design at Topshop Unique
- Solange Azagury-Partridge, fine jewellery designer
- Nicky Yates, Fashion Director of ES Magazine
- Victoria Bain, Shopping and Jewellery Editor of The Telegraph
- Pandora Sykes, Fashion Editor of the The Debrief
- Donna Wallace, Accessories Editor of ELLE
- Vivien Thomason, Buying Director of Freedom at Topshop
- Ashkin Yolsal, Buying Manager of Freedom at Topshop.
The winning collection will launch in Topshop Oxford Circus in September 2014.
BA Jewellery Design