We provide professional development and recognition opportunities for UAL staff. Our focus is enhancing teaching and learning related activity.
Dr Sergio Fava is Head of Academic Practice.
Contact him for any general queries about the team’s work. Sergio also chairs the Educational Ethics Sub-Committee.
- Catherine Smith is the Programme Director for Academic Practice in Art, Design and Communication, and Course Leader of the MA Academic Practice.
- Dr Lindsay Jordan is Course Leader of the Higher Education Academy-accredited PgCert Academic Practice in Art, Design and Communication.
- Dr Frederico Matos is Senior Lecturer in Learning and Teaching in Art and Design (working Monday-Wednesday). As well as teaching on the MA and PgCert in Academic Practice, he leads Supervising Research Degrees, a stand-alone unit for new supervisors.
- Dr John O’Reilly is Senior Lecturer in Learning and Teaching in Art and Design (full-time) teaching on the MA and PgCert in Academic Practice.
- Mark Armstrong is the Programme Lead Administrator for Academic Practice.
Reward and Recognition
New Educational Developers to be announced soon.
- Tim Stephens, Educational Developer (Curriculum) Assists collaborative provision for Registry and reapproval and validation advisor, leads on the UAL Education Conference. He also sits on both Research and Education Ethics subcommittees and leads on staff development resources on ethics.